Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my index page it's typed correctly but

Hello,
    I have created an index page along with some other pages for my site. When I visit the site it does not come up with the index page but a list of all my files. For most people you tell them that they have named their page incorrectly. I have named mine index and it comes up in my cpanel as index.html but when I visit the site as mentioned above the first thing that comes up is a list of my files. What can I do to correct this problem? I have an account with blue voda and built and uploaded my site using the BlueVoda Website Builder. My name is Charlotte Tarlton. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Help with my index page it's typed correctly but

What is your domain name?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

This might sound silly, I would love to let you know what my domain name is, but I don't want anyone else to view it just yet as it's not ready. Is there a way I can let you know what the name is without anyone else seeing it?

Comment

Hi again, Still having the same problem with my site. What I'm wondering is do all the files in the public html directory have to be in lowercase? Only the index file is in lowercase, some of the other file names have capital letters in them. Could this be why my list of files is comming up instead of my index page when I type in my website address? Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by aristocat
          Hi again, Still having the same problem with my site. What I'm wondering is do all the files in the public html directory have to be in lowercase? Only the index file is in lowercase, some of the other file names have capital letters in them. Could this be why my list of files is comming up instead of my index page when I type in my website address? Let me know what you think. Thanks!
          Your directory list comes up probably because your index page has not been uploaded or has been published with the wrong name. It should be "index.html". Check it.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Yes all pages must be saved in lower case. if you have two or more words then link with _ ie: my_web_page hope this helps.

Alien Dude

www.aliensanonymous.org

Comment

That's going to take forever! But thank you all for your help. So glad to have hopefully fiqured out the problem. Sincerely, Aristocat

Comment

Hi,
                I renamed all my pages so that they are all lower case and have the names separated with dashes or underscores but my page still comes up with the list of my files when I go to my sites URL. I can view all the pages fine if I type them in after the name of the site in the URL i.e. www.mysite.com/index but I would like the index page to come up automatically when just the domain name is typed in. Any more thoughs on what could be wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by aristocat
                  Hi,
                  I renamed all my pages so that they are all lower case and have the names separated with dashes or underscores but my page still comes up with the list of my files when I go to my sites URL. I can view all the pages fine if I type them in after the name of the site in the URL i.e. www.mysite.com/index but I would like the index page to come up automatically when just the domain name is typed in. Any more thoughs on what could be wrong?
                  We cannot help you anymore if you don't provide us the Url. If you don't want to put it here, contact me through my form to give the Url. The form is in http:/www.navaldesign.info/feedback13.html
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi aristocat, if you want to view your index page when you type your domain,make sure in your main directory there is either index.html, index.php or whatever extension you are using. in this case,if you are using bluevoda make sure you save your first page as index and make sure you publish it to your public_html.
                    I can view all the pages fine if I type them in after the name of the site in the URL i.e. www.mysite.com/index but I would like the index page to come up automatically when just the domain name is typed in. Any more thoughs on what could be wrong?
                    according what you were saying, i am sure you've publish your first page (index) not to your public_html but to public_html/index. Don't be confuse, just publish your index page to public_html and you will view your first page when you type only your domain name
                    Nyoman

Comment

Working...
                    X