• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sceh
    Private

• Jan 2009

Customer password management

First, I am a newbie but I must say that after looking at other web tools like MS Expression, CoffeeCup,NVU etc and tearing my hair out in frustration, BlueVoda is simply the best piece of software I have ever used. When I get my site done, you can host it too.

Now the question - probably asked before but I can't find it. I want potential customers to be able to log on with a password so that they can view their account. I will be selling photos - people can contribute for resale or buy what's there so they need to open an account with a password. How?

thanks and sorry if it has already been answered.

rgds
    stuart
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Customer password management

Hi, when you get your site done, you will have to host it with VH as BV wont work with another server. (But they are good value)
    On the password part, you could create a password protected folder & have a shop within this folder. There is quite a few scripts out there that might make life a little easer if you are selling images. This link is a freebie & comes with about 6 templates built in.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Customer password management

There are different ways of paswword protecting specific areas of your site.
      The simplest one, is to create a protected folder in your site. This is easily done if you host with VH because your hosting account includes a wizard for creating password protected folders.
      However, this method has some disadvantages:
      1. Users can NOT autocreate their login details, nor the folder. You will need to create them, then let your customers know the login details.
      2. This way EACH customers will need to have his own folder

The second way is to use a login script. These scripts allow users to register, creating their own details (username, password etc). There are free scripts and paid for ones. You can try Googling it. One that is quite handy and comes with a full set of BV pages that you can customize yourself and use in your site is found here.

Please note that a login script by itself allows you to create pages where only registered users have access. However, you are asking for more: people hat can contribute as you say or review their account. You are not specifying what you mean by this. A login script will allow users to review their account, meaning their registered details. But, if you mean something else, like reviewing their orders etc, you need something more than that, you need a kind of shopping cart script with a member registration module embedded.

PS Chris has been faster!
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
      X