Forum download problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum download problem?

I've been trying to download a forum using fantastico.
    When I try this comes back.
    (You chose to install in the main directory of the domain look4rule.com, but there are conflicting filenames, therefore we can not proceed. Following filenames already exist in the main directory of the domain look4rule.com (path="/home/xqntfuxy/public_html/").You must manually remove these files before proceeding with auto-installation:
    .htaccess)
    I have no idea what they mean, can someone help?

Re: Forum download problem?

Leo
    When you install, choose a folder like
    forum
    and let it install there............
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Please install phpbb3 manually, as the version in fantastico is about 4 versions out of date. though it will install though fantastico you will have difficulty in upgrading it.
      Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

I now have the file on my computer.Just have to try and download it now???Thanks for the replies.

Comment

With everyone's help I was finally able to download a forum this morning. As Alian Dude said I wasn't able to upgrade it and didn't quite have the look I was going for. So decided to install manually.
          Following the tutorial everything went well until it came to (now let's run the installation of the script on your site).
          It opens to a PHBB page.
          It then says, (Point your browser to install.phpfile. The url might look something like ( http://www.yoursite.com/forum/install/install.php.)
          No PHBB page comes up for me and thers's nothing like that in my url.
          Now I'm lost again could someone please help? Thank you.

Comment

This might sound a silly question but did you upload the files and folders in the download to your server. in a folder you like the name of. ie; forum if so what is the name of the folder and a link to your site would help.
            Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Leo--I'm no expert on this so I can't really help, but there is one thing. I installed PHPbb3 successfully last week with one hitch: To get ALL the files downloaded, I had to try two or three times. I have a good connection and never have trouble with anything else, but it took a couple of tries for this. Naturally, this messed me up because at first I didn't realize I was missing things. Once I followed the instructions to do this and that with certain files (such as "install.php") I realized things were missing. Try re-downloading a time or two. The last folder that you get I believe is the "styles" folder. Once that's there, you probably have everything.
              CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
              CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
              CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

That happened to me also and I had to double check.I don't think that's the problem but if I can't figure a way to fix it I'll start all over. Thanks.

Comment

Ok if you get the files & folders on your server, you can watch these that might help. Watch the Tutorial on installing phpBB3 . if you still can't manage it you could could contact The Blue Voda Designer Team here. and for a small fee will have you up and running in no time.
                  Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Noooo! Alien Dude was suddenly ABDUCTED!!!

EDIT: OK, he came back to finish what he was saying. (But be sure to watch yourself around him...)
                    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

If I still don't get it I'll travel to ATLANTIS and feed myself to the WRAITH.
                      Thanks Dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Finley View Post
                        Noooo! Alien Dude was suddenly ABDUCTED!!!

EDIT: OK, he came back to finish what he was saying. (But be sure to watch yourself around him...)
                        See thats what happen when you drop your Stella on the keyboard and it posts halfway though.
                        Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

SUCCESESS
                          You've really got to like aliens! LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from ottawa View Post
                            SUCCESESS
                            You've really got to like aliens! LOL.

ya, those Aliens are very easy to love .. i do so agree!!
                            Cheers from a fellow canadian!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                            02036089024 / United Kingdom
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi there! I am trying to create a forum on my website with all the suggestions I have seen (fantastico & phpBB3) The instructions are a little to vague for such a newbie
                              When I tried to create on through the control panel/fantistico/phpBB...I have no idea what I am doing. How do I create a data base and uploade phpBB3 files?
                              I feel really stupid because a lot of the things I am doing right down to my website I am figuring out after a while, but I just need a little more specifics to get started....LOL
                              Thank you for any help!
                              Also, I am trying to create a support ticket page and I get this error:

Install PHP Support Tickets (2/3)

The installation can not be completed:

- You chose to install in the main directory of the domain myijot.com, but there are conflicting filenames, therefore we can not proceed. Following filenames already exist in the main directory of the domain myijot.com (path="/home/nclocl/public_html/").You must manually remove these files before proceeding with auto-installation:
                              index.php

I have no clue how or what to manually remove ?? Thank you again! I really appreciate how helpful everyone is here!

Amb

Comment

Working...
                              X