No announcement yet.

where do I find my DNS? or what is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where do I find my DNS? or what is it?

Yes I had a professional get my template for forums, only the dns, which is the domain name right, does not work.

I tried using of , course.. mywebsite.com as it said it was the domain name, only it does not work.
    Does anyone know what we are supposed to use for the DNS?

Here is the template I am getting installed;

Style: X-Treme, Author: jimaniac, Style version: 3.2.10, phpBB version: 3.0.8

www.similkameen-okanagonshopping.com
    Jon

"Challenge all policies and procedures regularly."

Re: where do I find my DNS? or what is it?

Your question is not clear. Your DNS (domain name servers) depend on the VodaHost server where your account is. And you should have them in he welcome email that VH has sent you.

If the website is the one in your signature, your DNS are:
    ns1.voda31.com and
    ns2.voda31.com

However, I'm not sure what would you use them for with a forum template...........
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok Naval, yes the address in my signature is the website.

However, I'm not sure what would you use them for with a forum template...........
      What do you mean, Do I not need the dns to add a forum template,(the one in the link above)?

I had someone that adds forum templates all the time, and that is how he does it. With blue voda is their some special other way, that is not in the tutorials?

Jon

Comment

DNSs are ONLy used to set WHERE your site is hosted.
        It is only usefull if you have a name registered somewhere and you want to point it to a hosting account.
        It is, (just a way of saying) the web "address" of your hosting account (and consequently of your site).

A forum template instead is a file (or more than one..) that need to be installed (uploaded) in a specific subfolder of your forum folder.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Yes, that is what the support person was doing. ONly it ask for a DNS ,
          So with your first response with my account with vodahost, I would use, the one you mentioned in your quote below. Is that correct? ( For uploading the file to the database, or sql, or whatever it may be....below is what I enter in the DNS slot)

If the website is the one in your signature, your DNS are:
          ns1.voda31.com and
          ns2.voda31.com
          Here is what uploaded so far; link = http://similkameen-okanagonshopping....ll&language=en

and that is this template = http://www.phpbb3styles.net/db/style/X-Treme

Last edited by Similkameen; 01-13-2009, 09:41 PM. Reason: add more info
          Jon

Comment

Whooops I messed Up, all the info is correct only it is the, DSN(Data Source Name) I need, where do I find that info, for updating the phpbb.

Sorry...ha ha.my mistake.
            Jon

Comment

Working...
            X