Website appears as ghost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website appears as ghost

Hi I'm new to this and trying to figure things out. The first thing I noticed when I tried to publish my website this morning was that I had erred in using capital letters. I went back and changed those all and tried to re-publish. The old ones still came up. Then I went to my cpanel and uploaded and replaced the original files with the latest ones and now I get a faint ghost when I type in the address. The website is seasidebridge.org. Could someone please help me? Thanks in advance...

blue9244

Re: Website appears as ghost

Not sure what you mean when you say you get a ghost, I got your home page to come up but all your links are wrong and do not work. I then tried to type the addresses in manually and gopt nothing. Go back to each page click file/save page as (and the name of the page in lower case letters) publish do not upload. Fix your links before you publish though, they all need to extentions on the ends of the links as well.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks! I did as you asked and changed all the caps to small letters and I added the html extension but I still can only get one of the pages to load. I have yet to complete other pages except clubs, members and results. Is there something else you could point out to me? Again, it's seasidebridge.org. Thanks D'son!

Comment

You are not adding extentions to the page when you save them are you? And did you go back to each page resave and repubublish it. You have to publish each page seperately. To find your pages look in your control panel/file manager see how they are named in there copy the name and type and use that in your link. The most common problem when a page is not found os spelling.
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net

Comment

Terrific! Thanks a mil! It all works pretty well now. One more thing, I need to upload files that are in .txt format. For example, I have a weekly file that will be uploaded to friday.html page. Do I have to handle that within the cpanel? Do I actually need to d/l Filezilla even though I've added a registry entry? Again, I'm brand new to this and just getting my feet wet. Thanks for all the help!

Comment

You can upload files such as word, excel, pdf's and such directly through your c-panel or you can click tools/ftp manager. Once all your files load you can navagate to the one you need click connect and drag it over to your publi_html folder. Then to link to them you need to use the correct extention (ie: for word .doc, for pdf's it would be .pdf)
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net

Comment

Working...
            X