• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to create categories and catalog of products

hi i'm ernie gabo
    our domain: www.ink-more.com
    account id: zitjdflt

need help in creating categories and cataloging of our products.
    our products are inks and toners for most brand of printers.
    we have also gadgets and miscellaneous products like cdr/dvdr, cd/dvd case, mouse, headset, etc...

need help pls... thanx!!!

Re: how to create categories and catalog of products

What are you using to build your database? or are you? In order to create a catalog.. you will need a cart system more or less

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

i'm using blue voda website builder.
      can you assist me?

Comment

Well that depends on how you want to approach it.

You can create a page with a list of your categories and a corresponding page for each. Also you would then need to create a page for each of your products.

Now this isn't a very good solution if you have more then a couple products as it would be very time consuming. Most e-commerce website use dynamic pages via a script. If you are only using blue voda you will have to write code to select the categories and products from a database or text file. Furthermore you will probably need to write code to insert/update/delete the information.

To do this you will need to either learn how to program in a web based scripting language, hire someone to write it for you. The only other alternatives are download (possibly purchase) an existing script. There is a couple you can install for free through cpanel.

Hope that helps

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Originally posted by eog316 View Post
          hi i'm ernie gabo
          our domain: www.ink-more.com
          account id: zitjdflt

need help in creating categories and cataloging of our products.
          our products are inks and toners for most brand of printers.
          we have also gadgets and miscellaneous products like cdr/dvdr, cd/dvd case, mouse, headset, etc...

need help pls... thanx!!!

VodaHost offers the soholaunch builder which is an ecomm type of site .. it is free to download and install via your control panel under the fantastico icon .. You should decide between the two of them, as the soho site creates as an index page in your main domain .. so if you have a blue voda website published, and install soho, it will overwrite your exisiting site ..

If interested, I have a cart system you can order that you can use with Blue Voda .. with protected downloads as well, if you require any of those ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by eog316 View Post
            i'm using blue voda website builder.
            can you assist me?
            I am from the office supplies background and with so many printer cartridges out there, with new makes and models coming out all the time and not to mention the all the price fluctuations you have to address you are heading for disaster.

Bluevoda is great (I use it all the time) but for your application you need a shopping cart, with a search box, payment gateway and so on.

Take a look at Soholaunch http://www.vodahost.com/soholaunch.htm

This is much better suited to your needs.
            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Incidentally the office supplies company in my signature was built using BV (please take a look), but the first chance I get, I will be rebuilding it with Soholaunch because I know it will be easier to manage in the long run.
              Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

i try to use osCommerce instead because i can embedd it to my website design at blue voda. unlike soholaunch it overwrite my previous page made at bluevoda.

but i'm having difficulties, because when i add new link-button or hyperlink text to my main page: http://www.ink-more.com it does not appear after i publish my main page. i add a shopping cart button and i add contact us hyperlink text, but it does not display after i publish it. this is the site of my shopping cart page: http://www.ink-more.com/store_cart.php

pls. help me. thanx!

Comment

when i preview my website in bluevoda it displays all the links that i currently added. but when i view it through i.e. or firefox it did not display.
                  can u help me guyz fixed this?

Comment

Hi .. well any page created in blue voda with a form on it, automatically converts from .html page extension to .php page extension ..

So you will need to change the linking to your contact us page .. here is the correct url for that and here is your page

and your shopping cart is there, yes http://www.ink-more.com/store_cart.php

The other thing I notice is the link you are applying for your main page includes /index.html
                    - that is not necessary to add index.html on your linking for your main page only .. it is automatically found by the url of your domain .. so you just type your domain name instead, leaving the /index.html off of the url ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

hi lady eye...

i already change to contact_us.php and store_cart.php
                      but still having problem.
                      why does the button link to my store_cart.php doesn't display on my main page. this is the page of my shopping cart: http://www.ink-more.com/store_cart.php i put this link to the shopping cart button of my main page but the button does not appear as shopping cart button instead it display as contact us button. why is this happening? is this problem with blue voda?
                      the webpage of my store_cart.php has an i-frame with a url address of http://www.store.ink-more.com

help me how to create a button link or a hyperlink text that would display from my home page and will successfully link to the store-cart.php page

pls help. thanx!

Comment

ummm ... well it is named contact us because that is what is typed on the button and it points to the contact_us.php because that is what is typed there on that button as well for the link to the shop ..

You want your button to say Store or Shop and link it to this

Now if you are saying that keeps changing on you, then what you need to do is remove that contact button off of your page .. insert a brand new one .. name it and link it to the store_cart.php

that should solve things ..

are you getting on okay with osc? If you stumble, I have a nice cart solution, it's not free, but it's very very reasonable.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                        X