Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• homepage is my sites files

Hey everyone,

I have had many questions but I have been able to find answers over the past few weeks without posting new threads. It has taken a little longer to search for the answers already on here but I have learned a lot in the process and is the right thing to do...

However, the process is long and I really would like to have at least someone help me with this because I cannot figure it out...

I have published all of my pages and made sure my links were working (took a while to get them right) however, the home page of my site is just a bunch of files of my website with a link to take you to individual pages of my site. Instead of explaining I am sure you will know the problem right away if you see it...

My new site I am making is www.shiptrash.com

It will bring you to the index, however, you are able to view the actual site if you then click on shiptrash.html

This is what I would like my homepage to be...all of the links to the pages of my website are working fine from shiptrash.html

I do have it saved as my index page and have figured out the php pages as well...I am just not sure how to get rid of all of these files and just have my webpage...Any help would be great!

Re: homepage is my sites files

You did not name (save) home page as index it can not be named anything else and do not add any extensions (html, bvp or php) all lower case. Click File/Save As and rename the page,then publish it again.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

I don't see a page in there named "index.html". In BV open up your "shiptrash" page and re-save it as "index" and publish it. There are other problems I see, but let's clear that up first.
      CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
      CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
      CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

So, how ya been lately, D'son? Haven't seen ya around for--oh--two posts.

:)
        CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
        CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
        CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Good Yourself? Looks like we did it again. LOL
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net

Comment

Hey Guys,

Thay was great, great simple advice!....

Now can I ask for some more advice...????

I read that was only some of the mistakes, can you tell me what other mistakes you have found or see...and how can I go about fixing them? Thank you!

Comment

Well you need to center all your pages, title all your pages, you have over lapping text on this page http://www.shiptrash.com/shiptrashru.php (the form is over the text). No need for the same form on three different pages. And your forms do not work. Thats enough for now.
              Reguards
              Ed
              www.dsondesigns.com
              www.300hitter.com
              www.bigjk.net

Comment

Hey guys keep em comming lol

I have done just about all of your comments.

You wanted me to complete those before we moved on...

Please let me know what else you have found to be wrong or I should change, thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                X