Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overwhelmed!

Hi

Another Newbie from the UK on the verge of signing up with BV....but also on the verge of total overload! I haven't got an account yet so sorry for not supplying the requested info.

I'm planning a site for a new Bed & Breakfast and have looked at Vodahost's templates for Hotels, which are superb, but I haven't got the necessary software needed to customize them or the funds to buy Photoshop, Dreamweaver etc.

I love the look of these flash sites that allow image transition but more for the feature that allows clients to check availability or book.

So my question is; can I get the same results with BV?

I have been reading the forum non-stop for 2 days and watched all the tutorials and I am feeling a little more than overwhelmed. So much info is now turning to mush in the old grey matter

I'm very excited about what BV can offer but there are a few of its features that aren't explained very well to the novice. i.e. Flash, Java, Javascript, layers etc. I suppose you could argue that if I don't understand how they can be used then I shouldn't be asking about them. But they are there and I do want to know how I can use them.

One last thing. I have been searching the site to see if I can make photo slides to include in my site but I'm coming up with zilch. Would I have to use a different program and then paste it in my site?

I realise I have raised many questions but if any of you more experienced guys can offer any advice on the above I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Re: Overwhelmed!

In most cases yes.. youd need ohter programs and then paste them into bv ..or code them in an html box. There is a built in light show or photo album but its NOT a slide show.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You can get the same results in BV as you would from the templates, simply find one you like and pattern your site to look like it. As you become more accustom to the tools in BV you will find it easy to your page. As for the slide show you have several different choices, some within BV (gallery and light box) and free ones form the net that are easily incorporated into BV. Take it one step at a time, start with a basic layout of what you want and as you go try out the different tools until you find what you like.

Flash and java script are more advanced, you can add simple flash elements (some free) that are not to hard. But I would not worry about them for now. Layering is just adding transperent pages over the top of another to create different looks. You don't have to worry about this either as BV allows you to move any element anywhere, even on top of others. We have many people build sites for B&E type business with BV and they turn out great eventually, it won't happen over night and probably not on your first try. The nice thing is that you can change it as often as you want even after it is published.
      Reguards
      Ed
      www.dsondesigns.com
      www.marseillesyouthsports.com
      www.300hitter.com
      www.bigjk.net
      How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Karen and Ed

Thanks so much for taking the trouble to reply. Suddenly I feel a lot calmer. I think there is a tendency to want to rush things when you finally find a great resource such as BV. The adreneline kicks in and you want to know everything NOW!.

I will take your advise and SLOW DOWN and take the learning curve nice and easy.

It's great that there is such a fantastic network of support attached to BV. It really has helped me make up my mind! However, I'm sure I will be back with more questions.

Many thanks again
        Gary

Comment

We'll be here and your welcome
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net
          How to add JAlbum to your site