Domain without www appears different than with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain without www appears different than with

Well I don't know what's going on. I published a page a couple of weeks ago, have since deleted them and uploaded new ones. Having a couple of problems.

1) I went through every tier in my file manager and deleted all the pages (or so I thought) yet one of my old ones keeps showing up on my website. I have the exact same urls for my new pages as I did for my old. The new pages are just rehashes of my old ones that I had saved with the BV builder so everything is the same except the look of the pages. I've gone through and deleted everything in cpanel atleast five times now and I can't see what I'm missing.

2) Typing in my domain without the www infront of it brings up an old version of my index page which links to old versions of all the linking pages which I cannot find anywhere in the file manager to delete. If I type the www infront of the domain my newly uploaded index shows. I rarely ever type www in unless I have to and have used my url without the www for all my business corresspondence since most people I know don't use the www either. Why is it showing the old index and how do I delete it and all the other old pages off my server?

Is there any way I can completely wipe my website all at once so I can go from scratch again and upload all my new stuff so none of these silly things will happen? I can't see the option in the cpanel.

Cheers

Re: Domain without www appears different than with

Well a link to your website would help us see if we get the same result but most likely you are viewing cached pages in your browser. You need to clear out all temp internet files and history.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

My goodness how simple. Many MANY thanks! Works for me, I'm guessing not for anyone of my potential clients though who have already visited the url.

Comment

Well as I said. .if you cant post a link... we cant tell you WHAT the issue might be.. NO MATTER HOW SIMPLE you think it is.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X