Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do creditcard details get stored after renewing website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do creditcard details get stored after renewing website?

Once your website is renewed and paid for, do the data of your creditcard get stored somewhere?

Just to know if anything bad could happen if someone would manage to get into your Vodahost billing area. Imagine someone could get in there (I know it is a different signin than for the cPanel and uploading the website, we talk only about the billing part) , can he see your credit card details or are they not stored or at least not visable in the system?

Just out of curiosity ... Never had such issue yet.
    "It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"

Re: Do creditcard details get stored after renewing website?

IF they store them .. they are encrypted. You can choose NOT to auto renew in which case the details would NOT be stored.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I logged in to the billing area (modernbill) , there I see only the type of credit card and the last 4 digits and expiry are visable, so not the entire number. Seems to be OK so!

But can you order new stuff while in VBS or is that impossible? Because if it is possible, one can still take money from your card that way (even though it'd be worthless for him because he would just order new packages for the account owner - but do I have to worry about that or can you not make new expenses while in VBS?)

Comment

Why is your credit card number in someone elses account? I think thats a NO NO. Yes.. you can make new charges with stored information...thats the purpose of storing them no? You should be the account owner...

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I am the account owner, but the thing why I want to know is how risky it is to keep the creditcard info stored. Because you can never exclude totally that someone would ever get access to your account (friend of mine using a different host once had a stranger somehow getting into his account)

I did check the VBS in detail and didn't see an option for more purchases?
          (And of course, then we don't think about why anyone would order multiple sites he cannot use himself as I have a different signin for the actual cPanel anyway)

Comment

Working...
          X