Multiple Domian Names per Account & 404's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Domian Names per Account & 404's

I have one vodahost accoount that I am using to host several different unassocaited websites from. The initialising has gone fine they are each available from their unconnected domain names but I have a problem regarding the 404. I have created specific 404 error pages and redirects for each site which if checked once loaded up on the internet work fine and take you back to the correct home page but .................... When you are on any of the sites loaded after the initial site you do pick up a 404 message but it takes you back to the original site homepage not the site specific home page.

I hope that makes sense perhaps if I give an example. The original site loaded up was www.naturallyavocado.com and now there is also www.wedding-invitations4u.co.uk (yet to be built) and also www.kdgasheatingderbyshire.co.uk avocado 404 works fine but if you hit a 404 error wilst in KD it takes you to avocado home page and I would assume same would happen in 4U.

How do I correct this so it goes to each individual site home page?

Regards

Liz

Re: Multiple Domian Names per Account & 404's

sounds like you used the same .htaccess file for each. Make sure you change the domain name in the .htaccess file for your 404.

To change it for each domain simply go to your ftp log in, go to the ,htaccess file on the left (should be in a file on your pc). change it to a .htaccess.txt file. open it, change the address, then rename it .htaccess again and then drop it in the correct directory.

Then it should work.
    I actually wrote an article on it here:

Hope that helps!
    www.rodharper.com (new)

Comment

Working...
    X