Sitemap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitemap

I am using the BV sitemap tool and have a question.

I noticed that when I crawl, it will pick up a page or 2 that is not in the directory or uploaded to the directory (it may have been at one time but is now deleted) Does anyone know why this happens? Obviously I can remove it from sitemap creator, however when I have 600 pages it can be complex to know which is there is which really is not.

If it is not on the server and is not even on my pc, how is it the crawler pics it up?

webmasters of course tells me when I have a issue (some times), but is hard to detect the exact problem.

I also notice on kortia.com it crawls and picks up a kortia.com/index and then one with www.kortia.com.index, so it duplicates it. How can this happen? It does it also with one other page, one with www. and one with out www.

Sorry I know I ask complicated questions.
    www.rodharper.com (new)

Re: Sitemap

Got a stumper huh?
    www.rodharper.com (new)

Comment

Sounds as though you have a link to that those pages that do not exist on a page somewhere .. simplest might be to create that page, then redirect that page to another in control panel .. or you could check each page for broken links ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

WOW that sounds about right. I will go back and check each page.

Thank you! I will post an update.
        www.rodharper.com (new)

Comment

Update, you hit right on the head ladyEye. After an exhausting search I finally found the bad link! The site map was following it. I can see why google does not like broken links now.

Thank you!

Rod
          www.rodharper.com (new)

Comment

Working...
          X