• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • profitandlasvegas
    Sergeant First Class

• Apr 2009

Creating a Customer Access Page

I own an accounting and bookkeeping firm. I used BlueVoda to build my website and purchased my domain name and hosting from VodaHost. I was wondering if there was a way I could create a page where I upload my client's reports and then somehow give my clients a unique username and password where they could login and view and or print their own reports. Is this possible with the software I am using and if so...how do I do it???

I have never created a website before until I used BlueVoda and I am actually really pleased with the way my website turned out. To view my website, go to www.profitandlasvegas.com.

Thank you in advance for helping me with my question.

Regards,
    Jeff
    Jeff Peterson
    Profit and Las Vegas Bookkeeping, LLC
    702.405.9912 - Office
    866.835.9912 - Fax
    jeff@profitandlasvegas.com
    www.profitandlasvegas.com
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Creating a Customer Access Page

Hi .. you could opt for using a password protected directory for each of your client and then suppy them with a unique username and password ..

to create a password protected directory choose that icon in your control panel .. you must first create a folder in your public_html directory for this .. then any page you create or files you upload, you would upload to public_html/nameoffolder .. this folder would then be protected and the user would have to supply username and password to enter this area from the link you provide to them, possibly through email ..

note .. you should also create an index page for this directory, (so make a new folder on your computer to hold this index page - this will prevent overwriting your existing index page for your domain) call the new folder on your computer password pages or something - make an index page and publish to this area as well, this could be the leader page that you could then set up with members log in here .. and any other information that you wanted to have on that page as well ..

You can view the tutorial on password protected directories ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• profitandlasvegas
      Sergeant First Class

• Apr 2009

Cool, thank you so much for your help. I'll try that.

Jeff
      Jeff Peterson
      702.405.9912 - Office
      866.835.9912 - Fax

Comment

• profitandlasvegas
        Sergeant First Class

• Apr 2009

I looked into what you told me to do but I can't find how to create a new folder in the folder that you told me to. Can you please tell me how to create a folder in there?

Thanks,
        Jeff
        Jeff Peterson
        702.405.9912 - Office
        866.835.9912 - Fax

Comment

Working...
        X