background image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• background image

Does anyone know how I can make a background jpeg stretch to fit browser window rather than tiling? I know it will be distorted but that is exactly what I want it to do.

Re: background image

Just drag your jpeg after your insert it in your BV Builder...
    Best Regards,

Foo

Comment

Sorry, but it's not inserted as an image. It's the background image that is inserted via page properties. My image works brilliantly on my screen size but apparently looks tacky when you go to larger screens as it tiles, hence I want it to stretch...........

Comment

I usually make a long thin image 2-5 pixels wide by as long as my page design will be.

Insert this image into page properties 'background' and it will repeat itself according the size of the monitor viewing it.

Hope that makes sense?

Darren
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Can you show us the image?
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Darren,

Thanks for your suggestion. But it's not what I'm looking for. I've got a jpeg which actually brings my whole website to life. It is a nature photograph. It looks absolutely brilliant as a background image on my monitor. But apparently when viewed on larger screens, it tiles which isn't quite so pretty. I can up the size of the original jpeg but this over course will increase the page size. I guess what I'm looking for a way of putting html tags into view at 100%. I just don't know how to do it.

Comment

insert the image as normal using the image tool, have resized to about 1000 wide Maintaining the aspect ratio of the image, then place the image left top on page and click centre in page in the page properties, then you can do the above mentioned trick in the background properties. there are many different background image available from textured to gradient, and sizes or make your own,
              good idea to optimise your image before inserting it or you will get a slow load speed.

this way your image will appear on most screens and centred any wider they will get the background image on the sides like a boarder. a bit like mine.
              Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Working...
              X