• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cobalt
    Sergeant

• Mar 2008

I'm off with a bang........

I purchased the BV web hosting package yesterday and I attempted to publish my website with the "master username/password" I was provided with and got this: Publish failed - The request to connect and log on the the ftp could not be completed because the supplied password is incorrect.

I hope this is not a sign of things to come. I'm not new to navigating my way around the internet by any means, but I am new to what I'm doing here, and to be honest, I'm intimidated as hell :) There is a massive amount of "lack of knowledge" here with seemingly everything, and the more I poke around, the more overwhelmed I get.

I'm not necessarily saying this is not user friendly, but all I thought I would have to do anyway, was to do was build a 2 step website, (lead capture page & website) click publish and have it go live. On occasion I may have to adjust something on my site and what not.....well I'll stop there because I have no clue what would need to be done to do that, other than making the changes on my site, once the website is published.

Hopefully I can get this up and live before my "ground floor" venture matures into a high rise skys****er :)

Thanks
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: I'm off with a bang........

You probably havent gotten the welcome letter. What you got most likely was the receipt for your payment and the login to vbs and not your account. The welcome letter will have ALOT of info on it and your server numbers and a link to your cpanel etc.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• LadyEye
      General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Hi .. you need to change the ip address in the publish area as well to reflect those server numbers that are yours and you see in your welcome email .. if those numbers do not reflect what you have in the blue voda website builder, redownload and install blue voda .. the ip address will then show up .. also be sure to copy and paste exactly, without picking anything else up when you go to publish and if you continue to have that problem, contact support, they will assist you ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• cobalt
        Sergeant

• Mar 2008

Thank you kindly. I got that part taken care of, only to have a couple more setbacks arise. I will post those in a different thread.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        X