• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danielle@WPA
    Sergeant

• Apr 2007

Password Protect Problem

Okay.....I have password protected my members page and it worked....for a short time. It was working last night and this morning it isn't. What am I doing wrong? HELP!

www.pismocreekrv.com

Feedback welcome!

Thanks,
    Danielle
    Danielle
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: Password Protect Problem

Its not something that we can easily diagnose since the files that provide the protection don't have source code, nor can they be accessed by visiting them in the browser like a normal webpage.

Go into cpanel and make sure that it is still protected. Have you made any manual changes to the .htaccess file on your website? Did you accidentally delete this file? Any of these could be the cause of the problem

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• Danielle@WPA
      Sergeant

• Apr 2007

Dear Watdaflip (love that),

Thank you for responding. I will check the Cpanel but like I said....it was working last night and then not this morning. Not sure if I made any manual changes to the .htaccess file because I don't know what that is....lol! All I did was make some changes to my webpage and re-published.

HELP!

Danielle

www.pismocreekrv.com
      www.vincentvonfrankenberg.com
      www.wilsonpaves.com
      Danielle

Comment

• Watdaflip
        Major General

• Sep 2005

There isn't much we can do from just looking at your site. If you would like send me an email ([this forum username]******.com) with your cpanel info and the link to the directory that should be protected and I will take a look and see why its not working.

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• Danielle@WPA
          Sergeant

• Apr 2007

Watdaflip ~

I tried using your email address and Outlook did not like the format. I must be doing something wrong again. lol :) I even went to your .ntaccess login Script link and clicked on your email address link. The address prefilled in Outlook but would not send.

Danielle
          Danielle

Comment

• Watdaflip
            Major General

• Sep 2005

No, sorry, the vodahost forum censored me and I didn't realize it after I posted.

Try using the contact form on my website (Sorry, I haven't worked on that website in over a year, I always forget I have a contact form running).

Register/Login Script

Comment

• Danielle@WPA
              Sergeant

• Apr 2007

Watdaflip ~

Okay I sent you a message.

Danielle
              Danielle

Comment

• Brammy
                Private First Class

• Jul 2009

Through CPanel I password protected the directory that my BlueVoda files are in.

Attempting to access my site gives me the proper popup asking for username and password.

When I try to use the username and password I just created. I cannot access the site.

Can anyone HELLLLP?

Comment

Working...
                X