erase website, start over from scratch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• erase website, start over from scratch

I want to erase my website and start over from scratch. I have so much "junk" in my public_html folder, and it will take me years to erase each thing. I am redesigning my new site anyways sooooo....

Would I delete my public_html folder from cpanel, then make a new one called public_html....then repubish my new pages? I wanted to ask before I did this....didn't want to mess things up.

Re: erase website, start over from scratch

Delete files thru the BV FTP. You can select all the files at one time and click on delete.....done.
    Make sure that you do not delete any files that were there before you started adding files, i.e., cgi-bin, .htaccess
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

Well the proper way to go about it would be to log in using a ftp program where you can select multiple files at once and delete it that way.

However the only thing special about the "public_html" directory is the name itself, so if you delete it and recreate it shouldn't cause any problems. However one thing I would worry about it that using the file manager in cpanel it may not let you delete the directory, or worse it may not let you create a directory called public_html at that level, which could cause problems.

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks for your input. I will do this if I EVER finish with all my pages :)

Comment

Working...
        X