people signing my non existent guestbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• people signing my non existent guestbook

A couple months ago I added a guestbook to my website. After a few days I decided I didn't want it and deleted it and republished. I've also updated that page a nuber of times since then. About a day or two ago I started getting emails that simply state "someone signed your guestbook". The guestbook is no longer there. I've heard of spamming problems which is one reason I decided against having one. Why would I be getting emails then?

Re: people signing my non existent guestbook

did you delete the pages off the server? If not they can still be found.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

If you go to the page where the guestbook was, its not there. it doesn't exist. hasn't for a month or more. if it no longer exists, how would anyone access it? Even if the guestbook program, file, or whatever is on the server, without controls (a button or link on the website) it should not be accessible. It'd be like saying you can still use a calculator with no buttons.

Comment

Just wanted to let you know that I had the same issue and it IS STILL there... I thought that mine was gone because I removed it, but after carefully searching all of my "php" pages (remember you must show all files when searching for the page) An old page has been uploaded that isn't even in my website anymore. I found hundreds of spam posts there.

Comment

I am having this same problem. No questbook and getting emails that just says some one has signed my guest book. where do I go to view php files? Or how can I see my guestbook?

Comment

Hi Im still looking for help on people how to fix this problem of people signing my questbook

Sandy
            threadinhand.com

Comment

I have the same problem as quilter1, any help would be appreciated

Comment

Sorry to hear that you are having the same problem. I am still hoping for help

Sandy,
                Threadinhand.com

Comment

You can view your files through your control panel/file manager or open your public_html folder through your BV FTP.
                  There is a tutorial about using your CPanel.
                  CarbonTerry
                  Semper Fi
                  Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                  Zone 5 Photo
                  My USMC

Comment

I have set up a new page with guest book and inserted a blank guest book, on guest book i used the curser to close the size of it down to a thin line so they cant see it, then republished it, so far i have not received any more signings,

Comment

Working...
                    X