Links Within Cloned Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Links Within Cloned Pages

Okay, I cloned the pages of a website I built in order to duplicate it and form a subdomain. Example...

Primary Site
    www.thepromisedland.biz

Subdomain
    www.quest.thepromisedland.biz

After cloning I changed the file name like "index_clone" to "index" to accommodate the new site. There are referral links (link placed to send viewers to another location and give the owner of the link credit for the new customer)...imbedded in the primary site.

I want to change the links in the subdomain from that of the primary site to something else. When I manually change the links (with new url) and publish them they default back to the same links on the primary site. That is, with the exception of the index page...which is fine.

How do I get the new link url information to stay put in the new subdomain...and not get changed back to the primary site link info.

Thanks

Re: Links Within Cloned Pages

if you change a link and publish it it is impossible that it changes back...are you sure your subdomain is set up correctly & you are publishing to the correct directory.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
    Aguycanbeachhostel
    Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

I set up the subdomain in my CP. On the menu I chose my domain...thepromisedland.biz...And then typed the prefix "quest" in the window in front of it. At the next screen it said "subdomain created." The directory I published to was public_html/quest. Do I set up the subdomain correctly?

Comment

I solved the problem. The navigation bar that I brought over from my primary domain still had primary info on it. I had to add the subdomain name in the nav-bar links. Whewwww !

Comment

A folder "quest" would have been created in "public_html" when you created the sub-domain.

Publish to "public_html/quest" all pages for your sub-domain.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
          X