Couple NEWB questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple NEWB questions...

Im currently using Bluevoda to build my website and online store. First question is pretty self served, its can I build my websites FIRST, then sign up for a Vodahost account?

Second question is a bit more detaild, not by much :)

It is, I read in one of the tutorials that we are not supposed to put ".html" at the end of the links, that Bluevoda would do that automatically.. is that ONLY for the page Names?

Cuz I watched the tutorail viedo on linking pages together, and it said TO PUT ".html" at the end of the links... So when and when do I NOT put .html? TY GUYS!

Re: Couple NEWB questions...

1. You can use BlueVoda to create and save pages to your hard drive. To publish these pages as your web site, you will need to purchase hosting from VodaHost.

2. When you make a page in BlueVoda, you add no extension to the name you give the page. When you save a page, BV will add an extension (.bvp). When you publish the page to your web site, BV will add an .html extension (or .php if there is a form on the page). That means when you create a link for people to click, the link must include the extension.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

TY for the help.

So for the page names no .html, got it.

What about for say menu bar links... when I type the web address into the options menu, do I add a .html there?

Comment

Yes

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
        Aguycanbeachhostel
        Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

Working...
        X