• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Robin859
    Private

• Jun 2009

Filling the webpage

Ok so i created my website a little while ago on my old comp with i think 800x700 screen (something like that) and it fit on the whole webpage fully, now im using aa 1200x700 (again a guess) and it doesnt fit, How do i make my website fit into the whole webpage (without leaving white outlines)

Thanks
  • robobobo
    Captain

• Apr 2006

Re: Filling the webpage

right click, page properties and then set your page width and height there to what you want, it should currently be at 800x700 if what you say is true,

to check your new resolution on your computer go to display properties, right click desktop and go to properties and then settings for XP anyways.

You may want to limit the size you make your page, as not all computers will have a screen resolution your size and the page will appear with scrolling from side to side and it wont all fit to one page, try a smaller resolution no more than 1024 in width i reckon would be fine
    robobobo
    Blog Insomnia.com Blogging Help,Guides & Tips
    Techinfo-4u.com Tech Discussions and Guides
    www.visionlandscapes.ie
    [COLOR=#22229c[/COLOR]

Comment

• Sunchaser
      First Lieutenant

• Nov 2007

As well as changing the page properties, you will need to redesign your site to fit the new width and height.

Comment

• Robin859
        Private

• Jun 2009

so how does ebay etc do it? because there is no scrolling on either of them

Comment

• Adrian29630
          Second Lieutenant

• Apr 2009

Ebay's page is the part you see in the middle of your screen and I would guess is only about 950 and centered. The have used a same colour background for the whole page as for the content area in the centre so it appears to be full screen and as a result will appear the same on any size computer monitor. You can do the same with your site by choosing a page background colour the same as you are using on the area containing content and ticking the box in Page Properties to centre it in the browser.
          Last edited by Adrian29630; 06-18-2009, 11:54 PM. Reason: Typo
          Regards

Adrian
          www.repdomproperties.com

Comment

Working...
          X