• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • annelouise
    Corporal

• Apr 2009

creating site map

I have just published www.threeages.com and want to create the site map but for some reason the sitemap crawler can only find the index and contacts pages. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. All the pages have published fine but I've obviously missed a step out somewhere. Can anyone help, please.
  • Adrian29630
    Second Lieutenant

• Apr 2009

Re: creating site map

Hi anne....just had a look at your pages and noticed that your links all start with capital letters where they should be small as you have used for your index page....see BV video tutorial 2 naming your pages. Maybe it is that causing the sitemap crawler to miss them out.

I also noticed on your contact page that your email addresses appear in the html which could result in them being found by spam crawlers. You can still show them on the site but get them encrypted so they can't be harvested free here http://www.dynamicdrive.com/emailriddler/

Hope the above solves the problem
    Regards

Adrian
    www.repdomproperties.com

Comment

• annelouise
      Corporal

• Apr 2009

Re: creating site map

Hi Adrian,
      Many, many thanks for your help. I had gone back over everything - at least, I thought I had - and I hadn't noticed my mistake with the capital letters. I am very new to all this so it's a steep learning curve for me. Will do what you suggest and also look at email links. Once again, many thanks.
      Kind regards
      Anne

Comment

Working...
      X