• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZipZap
    Corporal

• Jun 2009

My site is malfunctioning following revisions of page layouts

My site was up and running great, but I didn't like the overall look of it. I worked my way through each page replacing each html page with a new one and publishing it, and I reset all my links in my menu bars to the way they were. Now I have the following problems:
    1. Incorrect Logo text "Contact Us" shows up on my index page where it should say "For Sale By Owner".
    2. When I open the site in my browser, it always shows my old replaced contactus page instead of the new one, even though I moved my contactus.php file out of the folder and replaced it by publishing my new one.
    3. I tried to fix item 2 above by using WebBuilder's FTP manager to remove the old contactus files from the server and then republish my new contactus page. Now when I load the site in the browser, I get a 404 error page and my Link Verifier shows a broken link.

Please offer advice to fix these. My site is SelectPropertySale.com

Thanks!
  • ZipZap
    Corporal

• Jun 2009

Re: My site is malfunctioning following revisions of page layouts

OK - I figured it out. Here were my original problems and my inserted comments on the fixes.

My site was up and running great, but I didn't like the overall look of it. I worked my way through each page replacing each html page with a new one and publishing it, and I reset all my links in my menu bars to the way they were. Now I have the following problems:
    1. Incorrect Logo text "Contact Us" shows up on my index page where it should say "For Sale By Owner". Deleted the logo (which had been a copy from another page, but with a different text string) and rebuilt it as an original.
    2. When I open the site in my browser, it always shows my old replaced contactus page instead of the new one, even though I moved my contactus.php file out of the folder and replaced it by publishing my new one. Realized that when I remade my Contact Us page, I had started with a copy of a remade html page. I completely forgot to go to the page properties of the new page and change the file type from an .html file to a .php file. Eaaassssssy fix.
    3. I tried to fix item 2 above by using WebBuilder's FTP manager to remove the old contactus files from the server and then republish my new contactus page. Now when I load the site in the browser, I get a 404 error page and my Link Verifier shows a broken link. This was all fixed when I made the changes in #2 above. So now, I'm happy again. Just need to get my site indexed to Google and all will be good.

Comment

Working...
    X