• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karen Ringrose
    First Lieutenant

• Feb 2007

Help with malware alert on home Page

Hi

Anyone help ? After having HTML IFrame virus last weekend and BV having reset my site after 2 attempts its back :( Google has posted black page on home page with attack warning and then yesterday after having rerun full scan and showing as all clear requested a review and now today Google have said the following on my home page and I have checked all fikes and nothing showing ???

What can I do now ??? :(

Muchly thanks for any help
    Karen
    urbancouturepaperweddingstuff

Safe Browsing
    Diagnostic page for urbancouturepaperweddingstuff.com

What is the current listing status for urbancouturepaperweddingstuff.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 24 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 14 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-06-19, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-06-19.

Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including illusionfest.ru/, pistolgage.ru/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including illusionfest.ru/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS36351 (SOFTLAYER).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, urbancouturepaperweddingstuff.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the ********* of any sites.
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Help with malware alert on home Page

Are you sure that this is NOT a phishing email? Check your computer for viruses as well. Did you get that report ON google itself?

Double insure that the mail is from google. If the virus is on your computer when you republish.. you wil republish the virus. Where did you get the html code you are using? If i were you .. id get rid of it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Karen Ringrose
      First Lieutenant

• Feb 2007

Hi Karen

No it wasn't an email its all plastered over my website on the home page
      as I say for 2 days this week it was just a black screen with red text
      warning about attacks from my site then thinking we all good to go as
      nothing indicated otherwise, so I requested a review in webmasters tools
      and then today they are sayiing this ?? I am trying to get into my cp to check my info@ emails right now to see if there is anything in there too!

Not sure what to do here ?

Thanks Karen :)

Comment

• Karen Mac
        General

• Apr 2006

Have you scanned your computer? The virus likely resides on your computer and you keep UPLOADING it back to the server when you publish.

Your emails wouldnt effect anything unless they were opened and downloaded.

You likely picked it up off the site you got the HTML code/script from. So every time you republish.. you republsih the virus. Viruses attatch themselves to scripts, gifs, and even some music files. Some *r*e*p*l*i*c*ate each tme you delete them and rename themselves. Likely its your computer thats infected.. thats the only way it would keep getting there.. you are uploading it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Karen Ringrose
          First Lieutenant

• Feb 2007

Hi Karen

I am not sure if it makes any difference or not but I have not published anything urbancouture for yonks ! I have also scanned the computer stax and nothing has shown up. I have been publishing pages on
          thelittlefavour box for 17 hours on Monday as i found all my webpages lost last year ( this was not infected) would this be the cause publishing the other site do you think ?

Thanks again
          Karen

Comment

• Karen Ringrose
            First Lieutenant

• Feb 2007

I have just checked emails too in cpanel and nothing in there from google alerting me to the fact that they have posted this on my home page ?
            and on the webtools pages it states that google will email you to this effect
            but they haven't !!!

Comment

• Karen Mac
              General

• Apr 2006

When i open your site.. i see your site. I dont get any alerts nor am i downloading anything. I closed my firewall off tight before clicking.

You said you had your account reset.. so then how did your site get back there.. if you didnt re publish it?

Karen.. I dont know.. id have to look at your other site. All i can tell you is im not getting warnings when i open the one linked above. SO.. where ARE you getting this message from if its NOT google?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Karen Ringrose
                First Lieutenant

• Feb 2007

Hi Karen

First time online as having problems with connections now google wont load up had Ip check and no probs there or with out hub ! The message that I get is on the homepage prior to that it was a black screen with ATTACK in large red text and warnings. We are having soo many probs here its really getting quite unbearable ISP say we cannot connect due to viruses and have to clean those up but each time we try to find a removal tool net goes off, did manage to run Trend Micro hijack this bt OMG ! kept a copy of the log and tring to get onto computer cops now to see if anyone can make head or tail of the results as I d not want to even think going there
                all seems a little toooo advanced there for me ! Also run the winsock file through Viurs total as that came back with unknown files and again have kept a copy of that

Any other suggestions :(

Other site is perfectly ok and I get no warnings from there !!?????
                But have plenty of files from urban site infected in the chest and they have been growing all week since BV sorted the problem last Monday

Thnaks Karen

Comment

• Karen Mac
                  General

• Apr 2006

Well.. the problem is still on your computer. You obviously have viruses on your computer there. I get no warnings from the site you list. Your infected computer could cause all of that.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• navaldesign
                    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Your site is just fine. Google (or ANYONE else exept VH) can NOT publish anything on your site unless they have your FTP username / password.
                    You probably have some some virus on your computer that redirects your browser to a fake site.

When you open your site in your browser, look at the address bar: is it your site ? or something else ?

However, there IS a warning in Google search results about yoursite. I suggest contact them to see why.
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Karen Ringrose
                      First Lieutenant

• Feb 2007

Hi

BV maintenance have scanned website and removed all *********s and now say safe to go, so I have requested another review from google s hopefully tomoz will be back up and running again ! Yes I see the alert still there :(
                      Have had rucks of malware issues and run countless scans and all seems ok
                      here now I hope !

Thanks for all your help :)
                      Karen

Comment

Working...
                      X