• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FayG
    Private First Class

• Jun 2009

Hyperlink not working

I know this must be a painful question that comes up all the time but I need help!!
    I have published some of my website www.faysreeftank.com This is the first website of have done so learning all the time.
    I have managed to publish the index page and two other pages sump build and cabinet build the third page is tank build which I can't get the hyperlink to work on the index page and the cabinet build page down the bottom I have a next page hyperlink that won't direct to tank build either.
    I put in a support ticket and watched all the Territorial over and over and I can't see what I have done different than the other pages.
    I have tried deleting every thing in cpanel and starting again but that didn't work either.
    I made the tank build off a clone page to get the background and settings the same then just deleted the content to start I saved it as tank_build this is how it looks in the index hyperlink page

So I don't know what to do next
    Please help
    Fay
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Hyperlink not working

Have a look in your c panel to see if its published, click on the file symbol & then click on the link to the right of your c panel. Also check that your BV publish area is set to publish all files.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• FayG
      Private First Class

• Jun 2009

Thanks Chris for the help I took everything out of file Manager and started again I reloaded the index page making sure it was set to publish all files and it is, I haven't changed it at all.
      Then I load the page I have been having trouble with same as above checked both like you said and they both open but that hyperlink on the home page still want open the Tank Build page.
      I have left the other two pages off until I can sort it out.
      Any more suggestions I just can't see what I have done wrong I have check and double checked everything I can think of
      Fay

Comment

• Collectors-info
        General

• Feb 2006

Did you look in your cpanel?
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• FayG
          Private First Class

• Jun 2009

Yes and did what you said it is all there and working but not from the Hyperlink on the index page.

Comment

• CarbonTerry
            Major General

• Oct 2005

You have your home page links "target" set to _blank
            That opens the pages in a new page. Set the "target" to _self or leave it empty.
            None of the other 2 pages work for me.
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi
            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

• Collectors-info
              General

• Feb 2006

Something very strange going on. I can only assume none of these pages are published, because if these links are ok they would work from this forum post. Possibility they might have been publish to another folder. IE: public_html/otherfolder/. I can only suggest copying the link direct from your c panel to here to see what it looks like. At the moment, none of the pages are working.

Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• FayG
                Private First Class

• Jun 2009

Ok thanks for the help everyone I have found the problem my site is called faysreeftank.com and there was no way it was going to let me name a page tank_build it kept leaving out one of the tank words when there needed to be two eg: www.faysreeftank.com/tank_build.html it would leave out the second tank word even when I tried naming it main_tank_build I found nothing about this in the territorials and haven't had any help about the matter from Vodahost support!! so consider myself not bad for a newbie the only problem I have at the moment now is I have very sore eyes from looking at the screen to long trying to figure it out.
                Hope this helps other newbies

Comment

• Collectors-info
                  General

• Feb 2006

Must admit not known of this problem before. You should be able to name your pages as you want as long as your sticking to the basic rules. BV support is only for server related problems.
                  Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Karen Mac
                    General

• Apr 2006

One would almost need access to your cpanel so they could actually SEE whats going on where and why.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• FayG
                      Private First Class

• Jun 2009

Must admit not known of this problem before. You should be able to name your pages as you want as long as your sticking to the basic rules. BV support is only for server related problems.
                      Trust me to pick something that wouldn't work!! There maybe a way of using the word tank twice which would make more sense in my site the page should be named Tank Build to make better sense if anyone can help with this I would appreciate it.
                      Thanks Fay

Comment

Working...
                      X