Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something definately wrong!!

Hi all,

I have been having problems without much success with my site. Is a one page site but wanted to add pages which is another story!!

Tried to add a page but if you look at my site www.the-handyman.co.uk there is a lot of kinda code writing above my site now. No idea how to remove it as i didn't realise i had added it.

Hope somebody can help

Thanks

Re: Something definately wrong!!

You Have TWO home pages.

Go into your server account and delete index.html

Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Brilliant,

All done, thanks very much for that!

Comment

You're Welcome
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Can i just ask you something quickly.........

I have always just had a one page site but was wanting to expand it. Seem to be having problems when i publish the site with the menu on, getting not found, error 404 etc when click on them.

I have gone through the tutorial videos and forums and have done what they say.

I put the navigation buttons on page, named them and it changed them to html. If it is too complicated don't worry, i will just s**** that idea and keep the one page site on.

Regards

Comment

Let's say you want an 'about us' page

You can call it 'about'

Just save it as that, nothing else... and publish. Make sure in the page properties the extension is .html

Then your link would be...

Comment

Thats what i thought.

When i save it, it automatically saves it as a bvp file, is that right?

On the 'what we do' button, it works but i get all them characters/code above the page again................sorry to be a pain!

Comment

If you have a script on the page, such as a contact form you need to change the extension to .php. But dont forget, remove the .html version off your server!

Comment

Is now going slightly over my head!!

There is a contact form and the properties is ticked to use PHP form processor (if thats what you mean)

Where will the html version be in the control panel or how would i spot it? Failing that i guess if i take the form off all pages but my home then it should be ok? or will it still cause probs when you press the 'home' buttom on the menu?

Comment

open page properties. Look for the box that says 'Page extension' (I think)

Change it in the drop down to php. Republish, remove the old .html page

Comment

You can save the page as php or html, but in the case of a form being on the page, it has to be php.
                      When you save a page on your machine it will have a bvp extension. But! When you publish it this will chage to what ever you had the setting at in page properties. IE: php or html.
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Page says not found now mate.

but if i change back to html, it appears again but with all the writing above it!

am sure its something simple and just me being daft!

Comment

Originally posted by wattsy View Post
                          Page says not found now mate.

It will do, you need to change the link to it to /nameofpage.php

but if i change back to html, it appears again but with all the writing above it!

It will do!!!

am sure its something simple and just me being daft!
                          It is something simple trust me!...

Comment

I think it's done mate!

Definately wouldn't have done it without your help, has only taken me all day!! thanks very much, really appreciate it!

Scott

Comment

You're Welcome

Comment

Working...
                              X