• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Padiwak
    Sergeant Major

• Jun 2007

Adding Video for users

I sell horses on my website www.ecklandssportshorses.com. I use photos and video to do this.

I now have a number of people who would like me to advertise their horses as well and I am currently building an add-on site to do this. The problem I am having is this. I can build forms using the form wizard that will upload pics of users horses but can not seem to upload videos. Is it possible to do this and if so what am I doing wrong.

I know that allowing users load video directly to site is not allowed, but receiving email attachments of video takes for ever so I am looking for an EASY solution to this problem and would appreciate any help or suggestions.

Cheers
    DaveK
    Dave K

www.irishhorsemarkets.com
    www.ecklandssportshorses.com
  • mrmagoo144
    Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

Re: Adding Video for users

most videos are too big to send by email, so i always use yousendit.com - what happens is that your customers will upload their video to the yousendit server and you download to your computor. there is a free version available and works just fine. if you want to have a more professional look they offer an upgrade. hope this helps.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• Karen Mac
      General

• Apr 2006

The problem is the uploading of the video files...If this becomes heavy traffic.. the server is set to shut you down.

You would need your OWN server to do this, and insure that NONE of it was copyrighted material or file sharing. Then you could have them ftp the video up with a scripted form. Then you would post to the website.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Collectors-info
        General

• Feb 2006

Only a thought! How about getting your customers to place them on you tube or Photo bucket & you can place it on the site via a link.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Padiwak
          Sergeant Major

• Jun 2007

Originally posted by mrmagoo144 View Post
          most videos are too big to send by email, so i always use yousendit.com - what happens is that your customers will upload their video to the yousendit server and you download to your computor. there is a free version available and works just fine. if you want to have a more professional look they offer an upgrade. hope this helps.
          Thanks for that.

Tried it but the free version didnt seem to be able to cope with the video files. Will have a look at the commercial versions if I dont find another solution

Regards
          Dave
          Dave K

Comment

• Padiwak
            Sergeant Major

• Jun 2007

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
            The problem is the uploading of the video files...If this becomes heavy traffic.. the server is set to shut you down.

You would need your OWN server to do this, and insure that NONE of it was copyrighted material or file sharing. Then you could have them ftp the video up with a scripted form. Then you would post to the website.

Karen
            Thanks Karen

I am offering this as a free service so need to find a way to do this quickly and easily. none of the material is copyrighted as it is video of the users own horses that they wish to sell. Will keep looking and might come up with a solution

Thanks again
            Dave
            Dave K

Comment

• mrmagoo144
              Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

not sure what you mean that the free version doesnt offer video uploads. i have done this hundreds of times (is that a real phrase?) if you would like i can send you a video file any size that you want and you can pick it up through the service. just open an account and then email me through my website and i will send you a file.
              mrmagoo144
              www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• Padiwak
                Sergeant Major

• Jun 2007

Originally posted by mrmagoo144 View Post
                not sure what you mean that the free version doesnt offer video uploads. i have done this hundreds of times (is that a real phrase?) if you would like i can send you a video file any size that you want and you can pick it up through the service. just open an account and then email me through my website and i will send you a file.
                Just tried to send a file to myself and it worked perfectly. Have no idea why it didnt work earlier

Thanks for the tip.

D
                Dave K

Comment

Working...
                X