Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Password protecting... my own password doesn't work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password protecting... my own password doesn't work!

Through CPanel I password protected the directory that my BlueVoda files are in.

Attempting to access my site gives me the proper popup asking for username and password.

When I try to use the username and password I just created, I cannot access the site because the username and/or password are wrong.

Can anyone help this Private?

Re: Password protecting... my own password doesn't work!

We don't know your password??? Contact support and get them to reset it. Then REMEMBER it!
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Re: Password protecting... my own password doesn't work!

I can get into my own site when I password protect, and I can create user names and passwords for visitors. Let me rephrase since I've gone a little further. ......

For some oddball reason, someone is asking to see my site password protected. But at the same time I'd like to see the site (or a COPY of it) unprotected.

So what I'm thinking of doing is to create two folders in cPanel: PROTECTED and UNPROTECTED, and both will have the same files. And then I'd like to protect one of them while leaving the other one visible.

I haven't been able to do that. Am I asking the impossible? thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X