Code error on form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code error on form

Hi all, well have got my site near enough as to how i want it, fantastic tutorials have helped such a lot thanks voda, just one thing and am not sure if this could be a bug in the beta web builder i recently got from here.

It is for the log in i have done the register user form fine but the logging in form seems to have a code on it looks like a error code, i have tried many times to redo it and i still get the same code if you go to the site you will see what i mean, was just wondering if anyone knows what this is and how i can get rid as i can not test it out til this error has gone. I have not changed anything only the linking to the activation page i made ,everything else really remained the same so am a bit lost at this.

Also can someone tell me in the beta version where you have the log in log out buttons there is one for admin, would i create this for myself to know when users are coming to the site? Obviously i have done the registration form and put in my email for activation i am assuming this is what the admin is for? I know how to do it or think i do seems quite simple but if someone could just let me know would appreciate it very much

here is my site for the logging in error i have it also has like a password in there but like i said i think its within the system and need a bit of help if anyone could be so kind

http://tormandguitaristshideout.com

Regards

Torm

Re: Code error on form

Hi Torm

I have set up a log in form without any problems that you seem to be having but mine is on a stand alone page and I noticed you have a sign up and log in on the same page. I am just wondering if this may be causing some kind of conflict between the respective scripts?

With regard the admin I have assumed you have to make a page for this and protect it with a secure random type password and user name so that only you, or an authorised person, can get access to it and view the members details.

On another note though I have tried many times to protect the page I want to be only accessable via the registration but despite dragging and dropping the padlock on to the page and re-directing to another page it still displays the content open when the page url is typed into the browser. Just wondering if you have managed to actually protect your page and tested it out?
    Regards

Adrian
    www.repdomproperties.com

Comment

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the info on the having the 2 scripts on same page, i have put a new page up and removed one script but i still seem to be getting an error code inside the log in username and password i have no clue what this is all about just somehow always comes up, i have redone the whole main page and it still comes up so at a loss at the moment on that.
      As for the protected pages i have not yet tried this although i want a few pages so i will certainly let you know how i go on that one when i do them.

If anyone else has any ideas why this error keeps happening on this particular script i would greatly appreciate it very much

Comment

Have you uploaded usersdb.php file to your server? When you make a form, data has to be saved somewhere. Open notepad, leave it blank and save it as usersdb.php and upload it to your server. That's probably the reason why your forms doesn't work.

Comment

i have sussed it silly me i have not saved the page as .php i put it as .html thanks guys oh and yes i did create a user db thanks again

Comment

Ok sorry again another query

I have made another page for the admin data which is for all the emails etc.... only when i view this it comes up with user database not found i have created a database and am at a loss now as to what to do also protecting it i can not do it just wont let me do it heres what it looks like when published anyone know what i am doing wrong?

Comment

This would also need to be saved as .php not .html so perhaps it is the same error
              Regards

Adrian
              www.repdomproperties.com

Comment

No i have already saved as a .php

Comment

Ok after all that work of creating a registration page, then the log in on index page then all the log outs on each page a waste of time.

I knew it could not be this easy too good to be true.

I then created another page for i called adminlogin for what i thought would be where all the new members info would be and for me to activate their account but nothing.

Do i have to make a database up in cp panel for this to work as when i have used all the scripts built into the website builder it creates a database for each script at the bottom automatically.
                  So i am further away than i thought and no tuts on this at all.

I thought i was so close to finishing htis tonight but i have got nowhere after all the hard work i have done.

I tested out the registration and it does nothing it will not even go the destination page which i directed it to so now am at a loss.
                  Can anyone here help??

Other than this i think i have to buy somewehere else or for some one to install for me and i do not want to really go elsewhere as i have spent hours sorting my site out as to how it looks. If anyone can help in any way i would appreciate this.

My main confusion is the admin page i created i can not lock searched forums for protecting pager found nothing anywhere, also for the activation but ahhhh i could pull my hair out lol

Comment

Working...
                  X