Changing from phpbb3 to Vbulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing from phpbb3 to Vbulletin

Hi guys i already got my own phpbb forum with that i installed from fantasico for about 6 months now and i was wondering would it be difficult to upgrade from phpbb to Vbulletin? At the moment i am getting very little traffic to my forum and i had a friend tell me that Vbulletin is extremely powerful and that There are thousand of hacks/mods you can download from their sister site vbulletin.org such as SEO and a particularly cool hack that can turn areas of your forum into article sections (complete with user ratings, tags, article feedback posts etc).

If i decide to take this action i want to be able to preserve all my current members and posts,bbcodes,pm,etc.

If anyone here knows how i can do this, let me know. Hopefully its not to difficult to do.

Also i do not want to loose my curent template that i installed which is compantible with phpbb3.

Thanks

Re: Changing from phpbb3 to Vbulletin

I know how to do this and have done it. Best thing to do is set up a couple of test directories. Make sure you download the IMPEX tool they give you and install the vbulletin. Make a couple of three IMPORTS using IMPEX til you get the wrinkles ironed out.

Id leave the phpbb untill the import was smooth and then redirect your domain to the vbulletin folder..if its the main domain.

VB gives you FULL step by step instructions. The template probably isnt compatible. Youd have to remake it or have it remade for this.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X