Websites up and looking how i want it .... but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Websites up and looking how i want it .... but

Ok well i have finally finished my website a few more things here and there but thats simple enough now i have the majority of things done....but just a few things really as you see my home page has the nav buttons to view each page within the site. This is great but 2 pages which are the forums and the picture gallery i had to make them so you can open a link in a new window. Now the problem being when someone clicks to go to the forums or the gallery they have no way of getting a link back to my homepage., after they have finished at the forums or the gallery. Also a few friends who i have given them the link to say when they do open them up the forums mainly there is no scroll down to the side to navigate further down. I noticed this too when i had finished it but i do open the forums and the gallery up seperately as i bookmarked them and that is not a problem then but cant have it like that it looks so unpro ,so now all who come to the site will probably have the same problem. Is there a easy way round this? Any help would be great but not tooo confusing it took me 2 weeks to finish that lol. I did enjoy it though:)

Second Thing

So i have installed the 4images gallery which is a great gallery i find it easy to navigate but now there is an update which is a manual one and i have no clue, i did try 4 times and i completely mucked up files so i uninstalled and reinstalled it 4 times so i gave up and really need the update more stable and bugs that are in the version i have now which is 1.7.6 are fixed. Is someone able to do this for me here i did ask over in the 4image forums as when i installed it in the cp it stated that they would do a free upgrade, but nothing come back yet.

Third Thing

Last problem is on our band page we wanted more tracks of ours on the left, we only have the one in real player at the moment as when i go to add more diff tracks no matter how i do it it only plays the one track over all of them and yet i have put over tracks in each player so i took them all off and left one up for now as i am not sure how to add more any ideas?? tia

Re: Websites up and looking how i want it .... but

One question at a time, first for your forum pages you have the target set to open a pop up window, change this to _blank this will open a new window for the page and when they are done they can simply close it and your site will still be there.

Not sure what you are talking about (the 4 images gallery) but you should be able to update any image veiwer from the builder page just as you did when you created it.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Re: Websites up and looking how i want it .... but

This is the function you use.

function popupwnd(url, toolbar, menubar, locationbar, resize, scrollbars, statusbar, left, top, width, height)
      {
      var popupwindow = this.open(url, '', 'toolbar=' + toolbar + ',menubar=' + menubar + ',location=' + locationbar + ',scrollbars=' + scrollbars + ',resizable=' + resize + ',status=' + statusbar + ',left=' + left + ',top=' + top + ',width=' + width + ',height=' + height);
      }

You execute it here.

popupwnd('http://www.tormandguitaristshideout.com/forums/','no','no','no','no','no','no','','','','')

You have all the variables negated. That's why you see nothing you talk about. Some of the things are truncated to fit this screen.

It seems that you have no /photo_gallery/ on the server like you do /forums/.

Just wonder. Could you have used regular pages instead of popups?
      Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Working...
      X