Am I publishing too often?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I publishing too often?

This is a question of consideration & protocol more than a problem. Is there a protocol to how often you should/can publish a page?

I'm still setting up my main website & 2nd domain site, so i keep finding errors with links etc. So when i correct them i re-publish the page. Is this 'jamming' any areas i should not be jamming (I am a Rastafarian after all - you'll only get this joke if you know Bob Marley's music).

So example - today i already published 10 or so pages. Realised i linked all the menu buttons to the .com instead of .ca and now i have to change them all and republish - will i get in trouble?

Thankx, Christine

Re: Am I publishing too often?

There are no limits, Christine. I think I'm the king of re-publishing because I'm a perfectionist!
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Its can be a good thing to republish a page as it will show up on your site map if you have one & will give the impression of the pages being updated. So it can help to have a small area on the page that can be updated with some news or a new image.
      SE's like to see new info when possible.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks a bunch for that feedback because i will be adding quotes regularly to both of my current websites. Cheers.

Christine

Comment

theres no limit i suppose !!

but for something else which might hlp u in the future its easyer to layer an inline frame over the back of your pages !

this inline frame should refer to a page which has only ur menue bar on it in this way u only ever update ur page 1nce if u change any of the menue !
          SEE THIS EXAMPLE http://www.e-promenade.de/mainpage/mainpage.php

Its what appears in the inlineframe of my website ! now look at the actual website when the other images etc are layerd over it !!! www.e-promenade.de greetz from uk

www.e-promenade.de www.loewendomizl.com
          Greetz UK

www.e-promenade.de www.loewendomizil.com

Comment

Republishing, adding, deleting, changing gives the Bots indexing your pages
            something to do every time they visit your webpages.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

PS not every one likes it but i myself prefer to put every page in its own folder that way u dont get confused if u ever have to delete something !

its better than dumping all in the public folder !

but u have to rcreate each folder before u can upload to it !

then u have to watch out that u name the link properly so for example

www. yourdomainname . com / anyfolder/anyfolder.html or php !

without the spaces though only put them so its not a link !

to upload u would then use public_html/anyfolder

NOT public_html/anyfolder/anyfolder.html

www.e-promenade.de www.loewendomizl.com[/quote]
              Greetz UK

www.e-promenade.de www.loewendomizil.com

Comment

Working...
              X