Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't open bvp file on another machine: Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't open bvp file on another machine: Why?

I have a friend who also uses BV, so he said he would help me on a page.

I copied two pages I am working on to my flash drive; copied good and I confirmed they were there by looking at the flash drive on another machine.

Took the flash drive to my friends and he went to open the page but an error message "Unexpected file format" came up.

We confirmed that my file is a .bvp format (using "properties" view) and was to be opened by BV; but it won't open.

I don't get the "Unexpected file format" when it's a BV file and a .bvp format.

Oh yes, took the flash drive back to my machine and it opened the page fine; we both have the same BV version.

Thoughts?

Re: Can't open bvp file on another machine: Why?

Probably an older version of blue voda trying to open a new one.. or..one of the bugs in bv 11

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
      Probably an older version of blue voda trying to open a new one.. or..one of the bugs in bv 11

Karen
      Same version; he got his at the same time as I did (my recommendation) and neither of us have changed/upgraded (as far as I know).

Frustrating not being able to take my work to his place and work on it.

Comment

Hi talosian,

Try copying the C:\MyDocuments\BlueVoda files to your penndrive in it's entireity including your subdirectories and image & document files, everything.

Then try again opening your webpages in your friends computer.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
        X