• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ineedalotofhelp
    Private

• Aug 2009

Need help with multiple drop down menu's

Hi Everyone,
    I'm trying to create a website to sell video games. I have watched several of the tutorial videos to try and implement them while watching them at the same time. I created the home page that looks like this:
    Home-**** 360-PS3-PS2-***-Wii-DS
    I want to create a seperate drop down menu for each game system that all of them will display the same thing like this:
    New Releases
    Coming Soon
    Action/Adventure
    Arcade/Puzzle
    Fighting
    Kids/Family
    Racing
    Role Playing Games
    Shooter
    Sports
    Strategy/Simulation
    Multiplayer
    When someone clicks or highlights a game system they will see that and then drop down to the selected choice to be sent to that page. Please "Ineedalotofhelp", thanks.
  • Ineedalotofhelp
    Private

• Aug 2009

Re: Need help with multiple drop down menu's

gosh, everyone is looking at the post but not making any suggestions or comments. please if you do know how to answer the question please feel free to direct "ineedalotofhelp" to someone who does, thanks.

Comment

• MYICE07
      Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Hello,

For a really sound advice on what you need follow the link below and I think it should help you. If you are still having difficulty creating the drop down menu then leave a message on the thread link and someone more knowledgeable will come to your rescue.

I hope this helps.

MYICE07
      Not matter what happens this day, may you know that God loves you so much.

Comment

• bluedays
        Sergeant

• Apr 2008

The tutorials will help you with adding your dropdown menu (the link given above)

Just wanted to add that you only need one drop down menu for what you want to do.

Multiple drop down BV menus are not a good idea because they each add about 50KBs to your page weight, and multiple ones will add unnecessary KBs.

Good luck! :)

Comment

• mrmagoo144
          Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

please go to my home page and i have multiple drop down menus on the page regarding different video and products that i have done. if this is what you want just let me know and i can give you a step by step procedure.
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• bluedays
            Sergeant

• Apr 2008

MrMagoo - yes, your go-menus would be a good idea. They don't add much to page weight.

Some people prefer the look of the drop-down menus that drop when you mouse over them - all personal preference and what suits the site :)

Comment

• Donna Louise
              Private

• Aug 2009

MrMagoo - Please share the step by step procedure that you referred to in your post about multiple drop down menus?
              Thank You.

Comment

• mrmagoo144
                Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

sorry, i didnt respond sooner - had a death in the family and was away for about 10 days. anyway here is what you would do for the go menu procedure:
                1.open the go menu button
                2.double click the box that appears - the go menu box appears
                3.type in the title of your category in the initial text box
                4.check the do not use the button if you do not want your visitor to see "Go"
                5. click add
                6. enter the name in the initial box
                7. put the url address where you want your visitor to go when they click the new name
                8. choose either blank or self for the target depending if you want your visitor to open a new brower or not.
                9. just repeat 6 - 8 for each new page.
                hope this helps.
                mrmagoo144
                www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
                X