X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with my site in Firefox

Hi there

Hoping someone can help.

I've been building my website for over a month now and all was going well until I asked my neighbour to visit it and perhaps fill out a couple of forms and click on my links etc. Anyway, my browser is IE and hers is Firefox and although ALL my links work with IE, she could not click on the large image boxes on my home page, nor could she fill out any of my forms. She couldnt' even get to one of my invitations to try out the order form. But the forms she tried to fill out were Contact Us and Sample Packs.

All the top tab links work and all the main menu links down the left work, but nothing else.

Was hoping someone else could check it out for me with Firefox or another browser and firstly see if it happens for you, and if so, please let me know what I can do.

Up until today I was using IE but have since started using Firefox on my own computer and I'm having the same problems. I've even tried re-publishing since I made Firefox my default - but still not working.

Look forward to hearing some advice - thanks!

Oh, the website is www.deezeedesigns.com.au

Donna

Re: Problem with my site in Firefox

Your form elements are outside the form area is why. I cant do it in explorer either.

Make your form area big enough to put all the fields on there. Other possiblility is that the form area is ONTOP of the elements, move it to the back if so.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you very much for your response Karen.

I have done as you said - increased the form area and made sure the elements are on top - still no difference for me in Firefox - but still working perfectly in IE.

My other issue is on my Home Page - the image boxes are clickable in IE but don't work in Firefox? They are supposed to take a potential customer to that category but no good to me if 50% of my customers can't get there.

I wonder if you could try to click on those.

I'm completely stumped by this - have been working hard on this website for over a month and thought all was going good.

Donna

Comment

Your home page is because you have left SPACES in the names of your images, ie fixes them .. firefox doesnt. Therefore your links dont work.

Your form still doesnt WORK in my IE. Id delete it and redo it totally. DONT PUT A LAYER over it if you have.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you again Karen - you are a real help!

However, after changing the names like you mentioned, I was still having the same problems. But then something you were saying before made me wonder - was it my inline frame - I have an inline frame so I don't have to change my menu bars on every page when I make a change. Anyway, when I followed the instructions to create the inline frame I was sure I was told to bring it to the front before publishing. After everything you said, I decided to see what would happen by putting the inline frame to the back and voila - it works!

Off to change the rest of my pages and then see if low and behold it will work in IE too.

Once again I thank you for all your help - you are wonderful to spare me the time.

Kind regards
          Donna

Comment

Working...
          X