Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My site pages have a mind of their own

Hello,

Have completed my web site think everything is ok then some time later when looking at some of the pages within my web site I see some odd things happening so after checking them again and uploading them again they look fine. This is happening on a regular basis, my pages really do seem to have a mind of their own which isn't mine.

Some of the problems:

1. one of the the navigation bars mainly the home button takes over the page, this usually happens when I click from the left sidebar to the pages linked to the sidebar, the linked page then becomes one big home button with my content showing underneath. after checking the page meticulously and re uploading it all seems good then a few days later it happens again.

2. On other occasions when checking the pages one or two of the navigation button are blank.

3. On the home page sometimes the navigation buttons change their character and become the navigation buttons I made for Ordering options on some of the product pages which are completely different from the navigation buttons on the home page.

Could this be a virus? http://www.herbzthatheal.com

Kind regards,
    Maureen

Re: My site pages have a mind of their own

Youd have to LINK me to a page this was happening.. i looked at some pages they looked fine to me. Perhaps your computer is caching from your desktop

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

pages looked fine to me

Comment

Thank you Karen and Getrdonekennel for checking my pages, I have just gone through the pages again and they are still playing tricks with me.
        Oone of the pages has a blank home page button http://www.herbzthatheal.com/uri_x.html
        another has a big contact button centered in the middle http://www.herbzthatheal.com/hepa_gon.html
        another has a missing button under Ordering options and another missing button underneath the image on top, http://www.herbzthatheal.com/cold_rener.html
        then another with distorted graphics, one of the buttons has taken over the whole page http://www.herbzthatheal.com/spitalcare.html
        same with this page http://www.herbzthatheal.com/di_ta_jow.html
        and this one http://www.herbzthatheal.com/erecking.html

This is driving me crazy, I re upload them and they look fine then a day later they have changed, this has been going on for a couple of months now, I thought it must be something I am doing wrong and have gone through the pages umpteen times and can't find anything that would cause these distortions.
        Can you please check these pages and let me know if you see the same things I do. I empty the cache every time I swith off the computer.

Kind regards,
        Maureen

Comment

Not sure on what creating the problem, but i see the problem same as you.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Need help urgently, have got a google adds campaign going and my sight is going crazy, I spent the whole morning re uploading the pages as I have done most days for the past 6 weeks, everything was perfect this morning, this afternoon I have checked and a lot of pages have again been corrupted, I have spent days on this problem, I need to solve this urgently.
            COULD THIS BE A VIRUS?
            The following pages have changed since this morning.

http://www.herbzthatheal.com/intestcleanse.html (missing navigation button)

I have submitted a support ticket, but I need to get this sorted out soon as possible, help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
            Regards,
            Maureen Dutler

Comment

Have you done copy and pste with the mouse? That often causes the images to distort in that manner. Also copying and pasting from the live site instead of page to page.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen, I spent all day replacing the navigation bars (not copying and pasting) doing them individually on each page. When I go back into the sites from the index page to the product pages some of them are still distorted. I haven't copied and pasted anything from the live page at any time and replacing the navigation bars doesn't seem to make much of a difference.
                Could this be a virus, do you think it might help if I delete everything in the FTP program and re upload everything, this is consuming my every moment and am getting nowhere.

Is it at all possible for anyone to access my site and sabotage it, I am clutching at straws now, so frustrated.

Kind regards,
                Maureen

Comment

Ok, let me explain what is your issue.

You have created the pages using the Save As command to create new pages from previous ones.

When you use the Save As, the new page keeps the same name for images created by BV (menu buttons and shapes)

So both the new and the old page retrieve the same image file from the server.

Now this is fine if you don't change the shapes or menus in some of the pages. Because if you do, the page where you changed it and republished will be ok, but the other one, where you disn't change it, will appear distorted.

Solution:

For the problematic pages only, CUT the shapes that appear distorted, and paste them back using the Paste icon in the toolbar (NOT the Right Click Paste)

Republish your page Selecting "Publish All files" in the Publish Dialog box.

Open the page in your browser and Refresh (hit F5 some times fast) to see the new page version.

If your browser is cacheing, you might need to clear Pages from the Browser history.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello Navaldesign,

Hallelujah Halleluja, thank you soooooo much, did what you said to do, went into my site this morning and everything is as it should be. So happy, you have saved me from being committed to the nearest psychiatric ward.

Thank you some more,
                    Kind regards,
                    Maureen

Comment

Working...
                    X