404 Not Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 404 Not Found

Hi, as you can guess newbie here and yes i am feelin pretty stupid and now have a terrible headache! lol......I published my pages today (5) in all, but only index shows up, but not correctly, it is missing text in the black rectangle and also at the bottom of page in green rectangle. (problem 1).

(problem 2) None of my buttons work, I get the 404 not found message. Have watched linking video over & over and still can't see what I am doing wrong.

Any help is greatly appreciated.....Shawna

www.gulfcoastcleansweep.com (index)

Dont know what the deal is with this one...in Nav Bar properties it says

this is what comes up when you click button in browser.

Re: 404 Not Found

You have written WHITE TEXT ON A WHITE BACKGROUND is why it doesnt show up.. just the white bars.. change the background to black or automatic..

YOUR HOME button should link to http://www.gulfcoastcleansweep.com/
    no page necessary..

You have TITLED your index page index, right click properties and give it a good keyword title.

photogallery2.html you have linked incorrectly to gulfcoast.cpm its a typo

you have to use the publish feature of bv.. you cant upload these via ftp and of course your links wont work until they are all actually published. You must publish EACH page seperately.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen, Thanks for your help. I went in and made changes to the text colors, re-saved pages and only opened them one at a time and republished them, one at a time. but I am still getting the same thing. I didn't go through anything ftp and as far as the photo gallery 2, when I click page properties it has the correct, http://gulfcoastcleansweep.com/photogallery2.html, so I am not sure where I change that link info you were talking about.

Comment

On your navbar...is where the typo link is

Login to control panel, file manager, public_html and see if those pages are there

also make sure you are saving the pages to default .bvp extension.. when you publish they change to html on the server..

do not save them as.. html extension

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ok, I will go there and change that. but do you know why I am still not getting my pages online? still getting the 404 not found. and Even though I have changed the background of my rectangle to black and the text to white and saved the page and republished I am still getting no text and no buttons will work online.

Comment

did you go to control panel and see if they are on the server? did you check to make sure you are publishing to the correct folder? If you changed the page as you say.. you are probably NOT publishing correctly. make sure your path is public_html/ in the dialogue box that pops up when you click publish.. most likely they are going to the server but NOT in the public html folder

No one can HELP you if you dont do what we ask you to do

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

First off, it's a menu-driven website, so
              most people would advise you to remove the "_blank" from target
              from your internal links.

Secondly, you are accessing services.html from the
              button whereas on the server you have Services.html.
              All the file names are case-sensitive.

Traditionally, most websites use lowercase file names.

You can check on the server what other typos you might
              have either using FTP or cPanel.
              Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Sorry Karen, I had to pick up children from school. anyways....yes they are going to public_html file. As far as going to control panel, I have not been able to log in there with the name & pass that was sent to me....soooo I opened a support ticket asking for that so I could get in there. I have not recieved a response on that as of yet. I have my "home" page published but the colors still will not change, I have changed them repeatedly and saved them, they appear fine in the website builder screen, it says it is a black background with white text but it will not change online.

wysiwyg4,
                I changed the "services" to lower case and it published. I am/have reviewed my other pages and am trying to see what I am doing wrong there, but haven't seen it yet :(

Comment

Okay i am in the cpanel, I went to public.html every thing is listed there all my photos are listed one by one and all my pages are listed there. So what exactly should I be looking for and how?

Comment

spelling, caps, and how are you SAVING the pages.. hopefully you are saving as the default bvp on your hard drive.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                    X