• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John K.
    Second Lieutenant

• Dec 2008

Re: Russian Language yes or no?

Thank you Vasilli. Personally, whenever I discover a glitch and a solution to that glitch, I promise to clearly provide documentation that any beginner like me can understand. Considering all that BV has done to improve my talents and my lifestyle, this is the very least I can do to contribute. I simply hope that people do not get hurt or feel abused whenever I get frantic and push a bit for an answer. I will do my best to tread lightly and demonstrate respect towards all.
    Sincerely,
    John

Comment

• John K.
      Second Lieutenant

• Dec 2008

Incidentally, using Firefox, the way that I figured this out was by viewing the wingdingy Russian text on the published page and right clicking on the text and selecting "view page info". Then on that pop-up, and on the "general" tab I noticed that the "encoding" was in the ISO-XXXX-X format.

I then recalled Brad's thread about something having to be UTF-8 from the tools menu. I thought this not congruent with things and so I wens back to my .bv builder and right clicked on the empty area and selected "page properties" and noticed my language preference was set to the ISO-XXXX-X as the internet was showing. I then went to the tools menu and saw the UTF setting that I had set per Brad's instructions. Well, logic dictated that these two should somehow inter-relate and that they should be the same. So, I set the language setting in the page properties to the UTF-8 and engaged publish and "viola". Happy happy.

36 hours of being distraught and Sleepless in Pattaya were all washed away in one brief instant.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by john k. View Post
        ... I wens back to my .bv builder and right clicked on the empty area and selected "page properties" and noticed my language preference was set to the iso-xxxx-x as the internet was showing. I then went to the tools menu and saw the utf setting that i had set per brad's (??) instructions. Well, logic dictated that these two should somehow inter-relate and that they should be the same. So, i set the language setting in the page properties to the utf-8 and engaged publish and "viola". Happy happy.
        Originally posted by vasili View Post
        John ... You may wish to review the latest post in the showcase forum >> http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/322354-post22.html

To compose in Blue Voda using Cyrillic to make your Russian site, you will need to reset BV itself to true Unicode with Cyrillic character set entered. No more "Windows fonts" and "copy+paste" in Notebook etc. Just make sure you set the Page Properties as you do Blue Voda with the UTF-8 character set.
        LOL! Methinks you are working late, running on fumes!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X