Can I do another website on the same application?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rudjfmav
    Corporal

• May 2009

Can I do another website on the same application?

windowboxesplus.com

I'm wanting to create another website and wanted to know if I can use the BlueVoda that I downloaded the first time. If so, how do I name my pages such as the 1st page (index.bvp) without it changing my 1st website page? Someone told me I could do a Addon Domain under my existing package well I tried this and it told me that I had to register the website. How do I register the website?
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Can I do another website on the same application?

You make a folder on your harddrive and save the new site there.. just like making an addon on the server.

Registering the site.. means you have to Purchase a DOMAIN NAME, then point it to the vodahost server after you have created the addon in cpanel. First buy the name.. sometimes what you want isnt available.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• John K.
      Second Lieutenant

• Dec 2008

Re: Can I do another website on the same application?

Originally posted by rudjfmav View Post
      windowboxesplus.com

I'm wanting to create another website and wanted to know if I can use the BlueVoda that I downloaded the first time. If so, how do I name my pages such as the 1st page (index.bvp) without it changing my 1st website page? Someone told me I could do a Addon Domain under my existing package well I tried this and it told me that I had to register the website. How do I register the website?
      Another thing you may want to consider is to open another user account on your computer and use that desktop for your new site. This way your two accounts are separate from each other entirely. You will have to import any existing images etc. that you wish to use.

Open a new user account for each additional web site that you do in the future as well. Each user account is sort of like a different BV web site, and you are the Admin for each one.

As another suggestion, I would put all my images and such on the D drive as a neutral resource destination to import items.

Also, right from the "git-go" I would copy any images you use from your source image library and paste those images into each desktop folder and rename them individually for each unique page you place them on. There seems to be NOT enough emphasis on the fact that each image on each page should be optimized by having a relative name for it (i.e. bobs_cat.jpg instead of 1000356.jpg) and also provide an alternate text below the image name, such as "Bobs cat playing with a ball of yarn". For theimage name, do not forget to use a dash - or an underscore _ between words. I do not think you have to use those two items when you do the alternate text. Anyone?

You will also want to consider having this image as close to any relevant text with perhaps something in that text about "Bob's cat" being said. I understand that the Google Bots get a thrill out of this and your approval with Google is enhanced. Simply load the image into your page and double click on it for these changes. But first I would rename the image itself with a unique name for the placement within your web site and specific page.

'Hope this helps

John
      Last edited by John K.; 09-09-2009, 11:12 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Working...
      X