• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saibt
    Sergeant

• Apr 2009

Uploading files to server

Hello,

Sorry for my ignorance, but I just can't find the way to upload any file to a specific folder in the server.

Of course I'm trying with the file upload button inside a form, with the submit button. I've named every box etc f.e. "uploads".

So... what must I do? I dont want to send them by email, just want the file to upload to the folder I want to.

Also, is there a way to make a page display all the items in a folder? This would come handy for my users to enter the page and be able to see al the files available for download from that folder

Thanks!
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Uploading files to server

For simple, smaller file uploads you can use the FTP Manager in Blue Voda, and once connected, you will see the obvious Account/Directory folder heirarchy on the server.
    Blue Voda FTP Manager Tutorial

For larger files, you should exclusively use the UPLOAD FILES icon within your account Control Panel, which you can access via this page using your User Name and Password (the same as you use to publish your Blue Voda pages). You will see the obvious heirarchy in cPanel as well.
    Control Panel Tutorials
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• saibt
      Sergeant

• Apr 2009

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

What I need is my users being able to upload files to the server through the website.

Thanks

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

This is not permitted.

What you are asking for would violate VodaHost's Terms of Service, specifically sections 2.3, 5.3 paragraph 3, and would require a script that would violate section 10a (FTP protocol).
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X