Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not sure what the title should be of this lol..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure what the title should be of this lol..

Alright, I know that on each page if you right click on an empty area and click page properties, you can set your background image. And if you use a tiny image, it repeats itself to make it look like one big image in your background (if your using a solid color or texture).

Anyways, is it possible to do this multiple times on one page?

For example, if I make a menu on the left and i want the menu to be black, and the main content area to be a light gray, is there a way to set the left menu with a small black image so it repeats itself only in the area i want specified? And set a small light gray image to repeat itself in the area I want specified as well?

Does this make sense? I right click on random websites and look at their background images on certain parts of the site, and they are just tiny images repeated. This obviously would cut down on page load time and thats what Im aiming for.

Any suggestions??

Re: Not sure what the title should be of this lol..

It sounds like you want two columns for your background: black on the left for a menu running down the left side of the screen, and a gray column filling the rest of the area. If so, you would create an image that would look much like a horizontal line or rectangle (the width of your page). Black on the left and gray for the rest. When you repeat it, it floods down the length of your page to make a black column and gray column as your background. I'm thinking the line should be about 2000px wide to accommodate wide screens.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

yes that would work..but what about when i want the column on the left to eventually end/stop on the bottom of my site

Comment

Does that automatically. Just adjust the length of the page to accommodate (right click on background to bring up page properties).
        CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
        CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
        CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Working...
        X