Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange coding at the top of my page?? Publishing issues

Hi All,

Has anyone ever experienced this? On one of my pages I'm find strange coding at the top and it's forced the design of the page down

http://www.hyosung.co.za/contact.html (Thing is, I can highlight the text but can't recognise it from anywhere??)

Nowadays when I publish a page it doesn't reflect immediately, it takes about 2-3 days or sometimes not at all, but shows when I preview the site. I have hot F5 a million times, cleared all cookies and run CCleaner (downloaded from the VodaHost site)

So now I have redesigned the contact us page and published it again and it shows correctly in the preview, but it does not reflect the redesigned page on the live website, just the old page. Thing is, this is a very vital page for my business as it keeps customers in contact with me. When the form if filled out and I hit send, it takes me to a page that says "Oops, this page has gone A.W.O.L. Thew page you are looking for /%3C?%20echo($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']);?> is unavailable at this time"

Funny thing is, all these problems with publishing new files occurred after I downloaded the new BlueVoda 11... Is there a way that I can revert back to BlueVoda 10 for now?

I appreciate any assistance.

Regards Dieter

Re: Strange coding at the top of my page?? Publishing issues

You need to change your page to have a php extension & not HTML.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for the reply Collectors-info

So I will have to re-publish all the pages on my site as php? Will I have to change all the links in the site to php too?

For example:
      www.hyosung.co.za/default.html will change to
      www.hyosung.co.za/default.php

Is that correct?

Regards

Comment

Not all pages, just the contact page as well as any other page that contains a form which is processed by the built in form processor.

Your menus should also be edited to point to the .php pages (for pages with forms)
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
          Not all pages, just the contact page as well as any other page that contains a form which is processed by the built in form processor.

Your menus should also be edited to point to the .php pages (for pages with forms)
          Ok so i've opened up the page properties on my contact us page and I can see that the file extension is set to php already.

I have published the page but still can't see it on my live website, but it's showing in my preview window just fine.

Comment

You DO have a php page on the site but you also still have the old .html page.
            The new (php) page is in http://www.hyosung.co.za/contact.php

Delete the old, .html page from the server. And edit your menus as they still point to the html page.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you navaldesign,

Now I understand, just took someone who knows what's going on to show me how.

Thank you very much for all your help!!

Comment

Working...
              X