Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• putting a book online

hi my website is fmspanishpromotions.com

i have seen on a few websites the facility to read an online book, or magazine is this avaliable with bv and if yes how would i install it on my web site. many thanks
    debby
    Debby

Re: putting a book online

Can you give us a URL of the example sites you mention? It would help to steer you in the right direction knowing what type of tool was used for what you are seeking to add to your Blue Voda webpages.

I can only guess that you may be referring to 2 such means of "reading a book online":
    1) Most of the tools to read a book online are rendered in Flash, and have 'pages' you can 'turn' in front of you either by turning the corner, or by flipping the page. If you find a Flash tool to copy all the text onto that you like, you can add that Flash file to your Blue Voda page simply enough by using the Flash Box, copying the link to the uploaded Flash file, and properly sizing/positioning it on your BV page.
    2) Copying a book onto any formatted file takes some time, and for the most part, many sites have reduced the work in populating different pages individually by using an Inline Frame to display content created separately for multiple and universal display: you will need to create individual pages and copy/paste the book contents onto the pages (essentially writing a book all over again onto a BV page format) with a method of advancing to the next page (as simple as a text link at the bottom of each page to go to Next or Previous page)and then publish those pages; once published, you can display them on any BV page of your website via an iFrame, making it easier for you all around.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

hi vasili many thanks for your reply, yes it sounds like you know what i mean when you can turn the pages by hovering over the corner and so on, the one i like is found on this link,

i would like to put my own content in but i like the idea of it being like a brochure. many thanks. debby.

p.s what do you think of my site. www.fmspanishpromotions.com
      Debby

Comment

Actually, both links above bring you to your site, which is using am iFrame to present a PDF document.

The effect you are seeking is done with Flash. I have no idea if you have or are willing to aquire the tools or skills required to design using Flash, but take it from me ... what you are attempting to do (book or brochure size) is not worth the effort: you might as well create the entire site in Flash to keep it from crashing or at least easier to manage (not require so many individual steps to create the "book" content and display it).

For your purposes, it would be easiest to format individual "pages" using Blue Voda and then presenting them via an iFrame also, being sure to carefully provide the text links at the bottom of each page for Visitor use (i.e.: "< Previous Page" and "Next Page >").

PS: If you are going to use the PDF viewer in an iFrame I'll add the suggestion to "cover" or mask the parts of the PDF Viewer you did not wish to display on your site with simple white colored rectangle BV "shapes", to leave only the scrollbar visible. Some people prefer not to allow Visitors to 'Save a Copy' of their PDF documents separately from their web page....
        Your "Promotions" site seems to be coming along quite nicely!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X