spam coming through online registration form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spam coming through online registration form

I am continually getting spam submitted through my online registration form which I built using form wizard. I changed the properties to only allow numbers for phone numbers, letters for names and limited the number of characters allowed to try to stop the random junk coming through. This didn't work as I got three more right away.
    I have to open these as I don't know if they are legit or not until I do. Can I get viruses this way? How do I stop it?
    Sandy

Re: spam coming through online registration form

Please note that the built in validation is Javascript, so it won't stop bot spaming as they are Javascript disabled.

You may use ABVFP which will stop most of the spam.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Is this bot spamming dangerous if I am opening the form to read it?
      What is ABVFP?

Comment

Usually they only send spam, if you have no upload fields you are in no danger (unless you click on the links contained in the info sent).

ABVFP: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/for...essor-2-a.html
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

We had the same problem, you can solve it installing "Recaptcha" in your forms, it did wonders for us!

Comment

Working...
          X