Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need to completely update my site, how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to completely update my site, how?

Hi I am looking to completely overhaul my friends site, www.yourpower2be.com which has a number of sub domains. The site is mainly put together with XsitePro which means that it can be republished quite quickly as can the ones put together with BlueVoda.
    The site is a few years old and has a lot of unused images and probably pages there so it would be a good idea to completely clean things up.

Can anybody tell me what problems I could encounter if I just delete the whole site and the republish straight away.

jodevizes
    Timeless Fancy

Re: I need to completely update my site, how?

Sorry I forgot to add that I have several things like an e-card page, a wordpress blog and an affiliate tracking thing that all rely on the MySql database. These are working but if any thing goes wrong I know nothing about database management which makes me very nervous were I to just delete everything.
    Timeless Fancy

Comment

If you delete it all you will also disconnect your databases from the application you are running.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen, thanks for your reply. So even if I republish the page with the same name ad same URL so to speak, I will loose the connections to it.
        Timeless Fancy

Comment

Well depends how you mean PUBLISH. If you use the application in question then no.. If you DELETE IT and then try to reinstall it then yes.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X