• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cauzm609
    Sergeant

• Apr 2009

Re: Can someone walk me through this?

That's ok Karen, thank you for your help.

As per your instructions Navaldesign I do have a pubic directory still properly installed. the permissions are 755 and all are checked in Read and Execute. But in write Group and World are not checked. Could that be the problem?

Comment

• cauzm609
      Sergeant

• Apr 2009

No that is not the problem. Checking Group or world changes 755 to 777 so that's not it. I simply do not know what to do so I have asked that admin reset my account and they have actually responded asking me if I want to remove AdSense. I can't believe it. It is the most frustrating thing in the world being stuck on a tech issue like this and having a trickle of communication with the one source that is supposed to be able to fix it.
      Everything else I have installed through Fantastico has created its own root file to which to upload its files by default. This SoHo was the first that did not but I kept with the feeling that it to would install properly by default. It apparently did not it wiped out my site and now upon uninstall has left my site dysfunctional. 1. There should be a warning as to what that program intends to do unless a specific file is designated for install. 2. Upon uninstall it should not have the power to wipe out your preexisting setup.
      I should not have to say these things.

Comment

• Karen Mac
        General

• Apr 2006

adsense should be a simple code that adds google ads to your site. Ive no idea what you are on about with this "adsense" thing

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Please note that Soho is a COMPLETE site. So if you install it in your root (public_html) folder, it will overwrite your existing site, but not all pages.
          Actually, the ONLY file that is affected (overwritten) is your index page, so after disinstalling Soho (through Fantastico, not manually) you normally would only need to publish your index page to have your normal site reappear as it should.

What I see now, is your index page that has only Google Ads and nothing more
          Now, since there have been more actions there, I can't know what the issue could be.

755 is correct.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• cauzm609
            Sergeant

• Apr 2009

Well I'll say this has all been rather upsetting and misleading. One persons advice threw me into this tailspin. Ok I see now you do not need SoHo to have Google ads as I was told. In fact it appears that I can add Google AdSense even without transferring my site to the Google DNS which is what caused my site to disappear in the first place. So then is it not necessary to use SoHo or upload to the Google DNS since the ad seems to be working and yet I am not on either of those?
            If that is the case somebody please tell me why the VodaSupport led me down two wrong paths, SoHo and Google DNS transfer, and then got me to the point where they were about to reset my account and then completely stopped responding? I just don't understand it.

Comment

• Karen Mac
              General

• Apr 2006

well without seeing your actual initial response i cant say or give an opinion.

there is GOOGLE ADS FOR DOMAINS.. which you transfer your domain to google and just make money with it... you dont build a website.

Then there is google adsense that you put on your site along with google search that you can also make money with.

It could be the way you phrased out your question and you was answered the best way possible...especially if the word DOMAIN was used in the process.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
              X