• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billy Darnell
    Corporal

• Jul 2007

view of page distorted

Hi,

My name is Billy darnell and my domain name is www.billydarnell.com.

Here's my issue. I revamped my website and uploaded all the pages today, everything appeared to publish just fine.
    However when I went to my browser and open the website to see if the pages were right and all the links were working, I found a most unusual problem.

On the links page (www.billydarnell.com/links.html ) the header from the index page had some how been overlaid onto the right side of the page, the background that should have been yellow, and matched the other side on the left in length was now green The background color from my home page, and much shorter, there is also text, the same as on the header image on my home page, embedded in the page which shouldn't be there.

I republished the page, and it fixed it, however on the home page the image for my header had now turned from green to yellow, and the text saying " Welcome to the official web site of Billy Darnell' was gone.

So I went back to the blue voda program and republished the index, or home page. That fixed the home page but when I went to the links page there it was again , the same problem I had the first time. The yellow background was gone and the shorter green background with the text saying "Welcome to the official website of Billy Darnell" was embedded over the links on the left side of the page.

I went through this process several times to no avail so I went to the control panel, opened the file manager, opened the links.html page, and it looked just as it was suppose to, from there I opened the html editor to see if there was a mention of "Welcome to the official site of Billy Darnell" text in the html code that kept appearing and there was none.

If someone could fix this, or tell me how to fix it, I sure would appreciate it. It really deters from the appearance of this page greatly.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Billy Darnell
Working...
X