transfer rate question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfer rate question...

Hi all. I've been searching for more info on my problem but i just want to clarfiy. I'm building a site for my work that requires no log in, but has links to various pdf files, downloadable pdf files, powerpoint presentations, audio clips, and links to short video clips created by my work.

There's about 7000 people who will be utilizing this website. Not all will be on at the same time and stuff but i'm just assuming there will be a fair amount either looking through and/or downloading the pdf files and watching the video clips during the same period.

My question is....will this type of site be a problem using vodahost shared web server? I understand the whole "private server" option, but i really don't feel i need to spend that much money on something like this. Thanks in advance!!

Re: transfer rate question...

You have a first obligation to the 7000 users of your website and the protection cost is a secondary issue.

You will need to use a dedicated server which is not shared with others.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi,
      I was under the impression that per account,
      VodaHost has Unlimited Disk Space - Dell PowerEdge Servers!
      Unlimited Monthly Data Transfer - Go Crazy!

http://www.vodahost.com/
      Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Thats true to an extent however your resources and downloads also have limits. You cant pull more than 5% of the cpu resources on a shared site and there is also a limit on the files for DOWNLOADs read the terms of service...

You must agree to our web hosting terms of service before you become a member.

2.3) File Hosting

File hosting and file storage of any type is strictly prohibited on any and all servers within the VodaHost Web Hosting network. You MAY NOT use your VodaHost account as a download or file storage repository. Our services are strictly offered for website hosting only. This does NOT mean that you can not have downloads on your site. This means you can not operate a site that specializes in downloads like Download.com or similar and you may not use your VodaHost account as storage repository for MP3, games, video, audio or music files. Your account may not exceed 10% of used space in MP3, games, video, audio or music files.
        10) Resource Usage
        Users may not initiate the following:
        a) Use 5% or more of system resources (This included CPU and memory) There
        are numerous activities that could cause such problems; these include: CGI
        scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc. If this clause is breached it will trigger an auto
        kill failsafe mechanism on the server which will auto suspend the violating
        account.
        b) Run any type of interactive real-time chat applications that require server
        resources. Remotely-hosted services are permitted.
        c) Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time
        on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD.
        d) Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
        e) Offer services to third parties that are run off of VodaHost's servers.
        f) Run any gaming servers or games scripts for single or multi player games.

g) Run an email server offering free or paid email accounts to the general public.
        Example: Hotmail, Yahoo Mail, GMail ,etc...

H) Operate a online radio and or movie service that uses our servers.
        Please NOTE that RESOURCE USAGE is not the same as BANDWIDTH. Please note that YOUR WORK will be considered a THIRD PARTY since its YOUR account. That also is a violation of terms of service. Downloading would be FTP activities.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X