• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilprincess
    Sergeant

• Sep 2008

Menu Bar images and google

Hi all - long time no see...
    But I have to confess "me and my webpage" had some personal issues and I have only now returned to work on our problems lol

Only by now I have forgotten the little I understood already it seems:
    1.I tried to work on some pages today and discovered that all my menu bar images have disappeared - so if I want to install one, I am stuck with the plain bluevoda one. So I downloaded that zip package, but still - they don't show up - how do I get those images where they belong?!
    (I lost many things, because of PC problems Bluevoda disappeared and with it ... oh well ... reinstalling did not help matters.)

Also:
    Meanwhile I have tried to work on my page again and discovered most thing's still can't be found through a search engine like google - I am for example assisting a young singer now - but his page on my page doesn't even show up when you search for it... Is there a way you can check my metatags - I still don't get it ... Help!

Thanks a lot - after a year - getting better in designing, but not in basics!
    Claudia
    www.gruy.biz
  • millie
    First Lieutenant

• Apr 2009

Re: Menu Bar images and google

Claudia

I want to help but I cannot understand what you mean. I looked at your site and found several issues but none relates to what you wrote here.

Millie
    Millie
    www.subeagle.com

Comment

• DarrenC
      Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Originally posted by lilprincess View Post
      Hi all - long time no see...
      But I have to confess "me and my webpage" had some personal issues and I have only now returned to work on our problems lol

Only by now I have forgotten the little I understood already it seems:
      1.I tried to work on some pages today and discovered that all my menu bar images have disappeared - so if I want to install one, I am stuck with the plain bluevoda one. So I downloaded that zip package, but still - they don't show up - how do I get those images where they belong?!
      (I lost many things, because of PC problems Bluevoda disappeared and with it ... oh well ... reinstalling did not help matters.)

I am guessing you want to see all the images back on the BV pages?
      1) If you saved or backed up your images before PC problems, just reinsert them from their current location.
      2) If you didn't do a back up, go to your website and 'right click' every image, 'save picture as' back into a new folder on your PC. Then reinsert them back into your BV's
      3) If you've been away a while, refresh yourself with the tutorials.

Also:
      Meanwhile I have tried to work on my page again and discovered most thing's still can't be found through a search engine like google - I am for example assisting a young singer now - but his page on my page doesn't even show up when you search for it... Is there a way you can check my metatags - I still don't get it ... Help!

There have been lots of posts here covering SEO, Metatags, Page Titles, Keywords and so on, so your question has probably already been answered. Please look around this forum.

Thanks a lot - after a year - getting better in designing, but not in basics!
      Claudia
      www.gruy.biz
      Darren
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• lilprincess
        Sergeant

• Sep 2008

Originally posted by millie View Post
        Claudia

I want to help but I cannot understand what you mean. I looked at your site and found several issues but none relates to what you wrote here.

Millie
        www.subeagle.com
        Thank you Millie - could you please tell me what issues YOU found?
        Thanks a lot!

Comment

• lilprincess
          Sergeant

• Sep 2008

DARREN - I know I can re-safe my OWN pictures and put them back, but, what I meant:

In bluevoda - you can of course installe a MENU-BAR and choose a design called STYLE - only in my style box is onle one now - the one with the bluevoda logo! Before there used to be TONS! I downloaded from the center a bunch of menu-bars - but they still don't appear in the menuebar style box. THat's my problem.
          Thank you.

Comment

• Karen Mac
            General

• Apr 2006

when you download them you must unzip them to the appropriate folders in the PROGRAM area of blue voda..I think its navigation folder

c:/programfiles/blue voda/navigation

then they will appear for use in your navigation manager.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• lilprincess
              Sergeant

• Sep 2008

Nothing in c:/programmfiles
              I found in c:/programme/bluevoda/navbar - I unzipped it to there..
              Still nothing
              Tried a few other places...
              Nothing.
              I feel totally dumb...
              but...HELP!

Comment

• lilprincess
                Sergeant

• Sep 2008

Why is nobody helping me with my question/problem?! ... or where should I go instead???

Comment

• DarrenC
                  Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Remove the BV program from your PC. None of your files will be lost because they should be saved in 'My Documents' typically.

Now download BV again

Hopefully all the missing objects will be available again.

Please note based on my experience the latest version of BV does not overwrite the old version. You'll end up with 2 versions on your PC which is why you may think you are not succeeding with this issue because you are still using the old one. So remove the earlier version before downloading the new one.
                  Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
                  X