Password Entry for Entire Site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password Entry for Entire Site?

I'm wanting to create a new cover page with contact info for password access to the rest of my site. I'm wondering if I modify my existing "index" page for use as the new cover page, if I'll need to re-name it.

I've read a few password threads, but I'm not confident I've seen the proper procedure for my unique requirement.

Anybody have the cool moves for this?

(my site's currently off line until I set it up this way)

Re: Password Entry for Entire Site?

It still should be named index but If your new page has a form on it and made in bluevoda it will be published as php so you will need to delete the html page from the server.
    Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Thanks. Is it feasible to have the entire site password protected, except for a cover page? (It's a 4-page site.)

Comment

HI there

Make sure that index.html is in the root directory by itself. Create another directory off it and call it content or anything else you want. In the root directory you will also need to place a second page linked from index.html. On that page you put the form to enter the username/password to get into the content area of your site. The form return just has to have the name of the index page inside the content directory. In this second directory you need to place an .htaccess file. There should be a tutorial for that somewhere. This will restrict access to the site unless a password is used. Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
        X